i need a hero! pt. 4

"My brother," Wanda sighed, shaking her head as she turned away from the two outside, biting her nails quietly.

"This is not good," Sam shook his head as he walked away, to his room.

Tony bit his bottom lip, slightly defeated as he glanced back at you and him, laughing as you walked amongst the garden. What he didn't know, however, is that you would glance over to see if Tony would burst out of nowhere, coming to save the day. But he hadn't. Without a word, Tony quietly slipped out of the main room and into the room you two had shared. He decided to leave, he put thought into what Strucker had told him. He had written you a note and left it on the bed, hoping you wouldn't get too upset over it.

Pietro had gone, he was invited to the grand ball that your parents had arranged for you, so he had gone to get ready. You slipped into your room, letting out a relieved sigh and laid on the bed. As you laid down, there was a crumbling noise that came from your movement on the bed. You picked up the slip of paper and recognized the writing. It was Tony's.

Hey Y/N!

Went out for a breather, I don't really
know if I'm cut out for this. You deserve the
world and I don't know if I can do it. Don't
blame your old man, this was my decision.
Love ya, I hope you have a great time at your
party <3

- your favorite, T

You sighed, feeling your heart sink. You heard the door open, with a knock on the doorway. It was Nat and Steve.

"Hey, got a minute?" Nat asked, walking in. You nodded and sighed, setting the paper down and getting up.

"If I'm being honest, this mission's not going the way I expected it to go. I think Tony left," You explained, sadness laced in your voice.

"I think so too, but we'll bring him back," Steve reassured, knowing where he would be. "I'll look for him, but we still have a mission at hand. Tony and I wrecked the place earlier, but we weren't enough to shut the place down. Once I find Tony, I'll bring him back. Then, we'll tear the HYDRA base down before they can do any more harm, does that sound good?"

You nodded as a response, sighing. Steve left, leaving you with Nat. Nat smiled reassuringly, leaning over to rest her hand on top of yours.

"We'll get 'im back," Nat said and smiled.

"I hope so, I don't wanna marry Pietro," You rolled your eyes and sighed.

"Actually, we're thinking of taking him with us, to New York," Nat mused in a serious tone. "He's Wanda's brother. We thought he died."

"Huh? This is too much, way too much. And we just got here yesterday! Oh my god," You let out, groaning.

"Hey, princess, don't mess up your hair. We gotta get ready for the ball," Nat joked, getting up and offering a hand. You took it and smiled ever-so-slightly.

"We should have a meeting with everyone, just to get everything back into check," You suggested, reaching for your phone. Nat nodded, calling everyone into your room.

"Okay, here's what I was thinking. We'll have Steve, Sam, Wanda, Clint, and Thor go to the base, Steve's been there, Sam has wings, Wanda's iconic, Clint's comic relief, and Thor's literally invincible," You explained, looking at everyone and nodded. "I need Nat, she's my logical side. Bruce is also a muse. Bucky is very calming, and Tony..."

"He'll be back, Y/N," Bucky reassured, giving you a smile and patting you on the back. You gave him a weak smile and look at him.

Meanwhile, Steve was walking back to the quinjet. He remained silent as he unlocked the quinjet's platform, his hand on his gun holster just in case.