working

Every night or so, Tony would spend hours in his lab. Usually, it was something he'd do to unwind, but it would take him forever to come to bed. He would never lie though, eventually he did join you in bed, but it was always when you had already fallen asleep.

You looked at the clock beside the bed and checked the time. 12:54 A.M. You groaned, tossing and turning until you found a position remotely comfortable, but couldn't. Eventually, you gave up and walked down to the lab.

"Tony?" You asked, opening the door as FRIDAY greeted you in. Your eyes scanned the room, not seeing him anywhere. Then, suddenly, he pops up from behind a table.

"Hey, hun," He smiled, blowing a kiss to your direction as you walked towards him in your pajamas. You giggled as you pretended to catch the kiss he blew to you and finally planting a kiss on his cheek as he pulled you in for an embrace and kissed your forehead.

"You coming to bed soon?" You asked, yawning as you rested your head on his shoulder.

"I don't really know," Tony shrugged, offering a small smile. You pouted, looking over at what Tony was working on. "You're not tired, huh?"

You shook your head, laughing as you watched Tony do his thing.

"Well, if you want, you can sit on my lap til I get tired? How does that sound?" Tony proposed as he winked, earning a nod from you as he kept working. He hopped onto a stool before you sat on his lap, hugging his shoulders as he kept working. Occasionally, he'd show you a new feature he added to his suit and to FRIDAY's programming.

"Y'know, we should do this more often," You chuckled, closing your eyes as you rested your head on his shoulder. Tony rested his cheek on your head, sighing happily.

"It would be less lonely," Tony added, chuckling as he put on the gauntlet, checking to see if there weren't any parts that were out of place. After making sure he finished what he wanted to do for the night, he set everything down to go to bed.

"Hold on tight, hun," He whispered as you were drifting off to sleep. You opened your eyes and hooked your arms around his neck as he carried you to bed.

"Let's do that again tomorrow?" He asked, snuggling next to you in bed. You opened your eyes and looked up at him, softly placing your hand on his cheek.

"Of course."