hostages

a/n: a short one bc i feel like i havent given tony some love in a looong time

——

"I can't believe you got us into this mess!" You complained, banging your head and your fists against the door.

"Well, if you hadn't taken so long in the first place, we wouldn't be here!" Tony snapped back, rolling his eyes and sitting against the wall.

Tony and you were friends, sort of. You hung out on occasions, but given that you both were both fluent in sarcasm, you ended up having a contest on who could be the meanest. This usually resulted in one getting annoyed and the other feeling cockier than ever, which was easily solvable as one could just walk out of the room. But this time, your mission had left you two held hostage with each other.

Groaning, you stopped banging against the heavy and very much locked door. You got up, scanning the room. It seemed to be like a studio apartment, with a small refrigerator, table, and unfolding bed that doubled as a couch. At least it was sort of humane.

"The team should be here to bust us out soon, if they hadn't taken my suit when we were passed out, I would've had us out before you knew it," Tony chuckled as he snapped his fingers.

"Oh shut up," You gave out a dry laugh, shaking your head as you walked towards the fridge. You opened it, observing the contents and taking a cup of yogurt. Conveniently, there were a couple of spoons in a drawer.

Tony had had his eyes closed, but as the room was quiet and the only noise came from you opening the wrapper, he shook his head and smirked.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like? I'm eating," You said in between a gulp.

"We're being held hostage," Tony stated, keeping his eyes closed and sighing. "And you raided their refrigerator?!"

"Well, yeah," You shrugged. "The fridge was open. They never said the kitchen was off limits."

Tony simply sighed, shaking his head.

"And no offense, but why do you feel the need to criticize everything I do?" You asked, setting the yogurt down in front of you and leaning against the countertop. You said this, knowing the question could easily have been asked by him to you.

Tony stayed silent as he looked over at you and laughed.

"I make fun of everyone, Y/N, you're just an easy target," He laughed, his eyes sparkling as you walked over to sit by him. The truth was, he had the biggest crush on you, but didn't know how to express it.

"Are you sure that's it?" You raised an eyebrow as you settled on the floor across from him.

"Okay, fine, you got me," Tony rolled his eyes and put his arms up in surrender. "I am incredibly in love with you, Y/N."

And with that, you dropped your spoon and your jaw.

"Impossible," You snorted. "I don't believe it for a second."

"Oh yeah? How can I prove it to you?" Tony smirked, enjoying you getting flustered as you thought he was joking. Before, he wasn't entirely sure if you had felt the same, but now it was as obvious as it could get.

"Uh, I don't know," You shrugged, feeling your face get hot as you looked at Tony with a blank stare.

"How about I take you on a date after this whole mess is figured out?" He asked, winking and smiling.

Almost as if on cue, the doors busted open and Steve grabbed his shield from the broken door.

"Let's get you two out of here," Steve reached his hand out as you two ran out, hand in hand. You somehow got into the quinjet without any injuries and you two practically collapsed onto your seats.

"Yes," You nodded, facing Tony after catching your breath. Tony seemed confused at first, but caught on within seconds.

"How's Tuesday sound?" He breathlessly asked, earning a smile from you.

"Sounds lovely."