1. Another Normal Day

Beep Beep Beep Beep

"Ughhh"

Beep Beep- WHACK

"Ok ok, I'm getting up".

Another regular day for a 15 year old at Orchard Highschool, I would get ready, walk to the bus stop, go on the bus, go to class, go on the bus and walk home.

The same thing every day.

I'm not complaining though all my life I've never been sure what was going to happen. Who was going to pick me up? Mum or Dad, how long was I staying at this house? A week or two days. It's kind of nice to have a regular life for once.

I used to live in Bondi, when I was very little my Mum and Dad divorced, and I would go back and forth from each of their houses. My dad then met Nimi my step Mum. Since I was so little at the time Nimi has been in my life since I could remember, so she's just my family without a question. People don't normally understand this.

Then when I was about seven my mother passed away from cancer.

That has been very difficult for me, but I've learnt to embrace the grieving. We were in a difficult financial situation, Dad had to work in the city and didn't want to force the responsibility of taking care of me onto Nimi, so I moved away from the city to Buderim to go live with my Grandma. Nimi had to stay in the city because she's still studying at the university there.

Everything is starting to settle down again and now I have a baby brother! His name is Byron. I haven't been able to see him yet since I'm in Buderim going to school and he's in Bondi in another state, but I make regular FaceTime calls with Dad and he sends photos too. Grandma is absolutely thrilled to have another grandchild.

My life is certainly not what your everyday child goes through but It's still nice to be closer to 'normal'.

"Bye Grandma, I'm leaving now," I said as I opened the front door feeling the cold wind blow against my skin. "Ok have a nice day, love you" Grandma said in her usual cheerful tone. She had short sliver and white hair and her tennis outfit on. Age never kept my Grandma away from her tennis. "Love you too" I said as I waved Grandma goodbye.

I loved walking to the bus stop, even though there's some uphill parts. It was a time where I was able to just clear my mind. The wind on my cheeks, the light crunch of leaves under my feet, the fading moon that rests in the blue sky and the birds singing away in the distance. That was my favourite part, hearing the birds sing all their different songs, calling out to one another as if they were speaking. I would play music on my phone and they would sing along. There really was something so calming about an early morning walk.

 There really was something so calming about an early morning walk

-Tamsin Sans

- Tamsin's Grandmother, Kaitlyn Sans