9. What a Nightmare

Just think about it

The words repeated in my head over and over again, so I did, I thought about it.

No

1. Grandma doesn't know about what happened and even if she did, she wouldn't let me.

2. I don't know how to be a superhero and I can't even control my telekinetic abilities.

3. There's nothing to be a hero about Orchard is just small town, you could accidently leave your car unlocked overnight and it would still be there in the morning.

So no, I'm not going to be a superhero I've got schoolwork, flute and netball I don't need to do anything else. Goodnight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BANG

The large sound was followed by an ear piercing screech and I quickly hid behind some nearby bushes and barley peeked over the edge to see what the large bang was.

A strange figure steadily walked over to a bus and the young primary school students, within it screamed in fright. I looked to see that one of the bus's wheels had been blasted apart, with its broken, burnt pieces left on the road behind it.

I looked back at the strange figure who was a holding some kind of gun. Smoke fumed out of the end and the gun pulsated with a bright light.

I panicked trying to think of what to do. Should I call the police? But they wouldn't be able to make it in time. The figure came closer and closer to the bus and I saw him blast off the door.

I had no other option

I took off my backpack and pulled on my hoddie and mask, "Hey, what do you think you're doing!" I yelled at the figure as I ran out of the bushes. The figure stopped "Why don't you tell me?" the figure said before turning around to reveal-

"Ahhh- I muffled my yelp with my hand realising it was all a dream. I felt the sweat on my neck and forehead and steadied my frantic breath. "What a nightmare" I whispered looking over at my clock 5:30 may as well get up and ready.

I lifted the sheets off my bed and got ready for the day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had just finished getting ready with an hour left till I had to leave.

"Good morning" I heard Grandma sing as she greeted me with a smile "Morning" I replied, "Are you meeting up with Rose early" she asked me.

I guess I could, I've got nothing to do so why not?

"Uh yeah" I said as I texted Rose if we could meet early.

Hey can we meet up early?

Why? I like just woke up

Please?

NO

Fine u grouchy poop c u at 8

"Well I get going now" I said to Grandma, coming over and giving her a hug, "See you in the afternoon"

"Stay safe" she said, "I will" I sighed.

I walked out the door and played some music as always and the birds sang along. I took in the cold morning air and I saw a kangaroo bound across the road and into the gully.

I guess they come out early before people start driving to work.

"What am I going to do?" I hummed to myself, I was at the bus stop and I sat down before noticing an open block of land.

I'll go check it out.

Almost everywhere down these streets where houses, we had nice views in the area, but they were blocked by them.

The block had a lovely view as I expected and down the middle was a very small body of water with a small brick bridge reaching across. A small section of the bridge had collapsed, and the water was heavily shrouded by weeds.

I walked to the edge of the view which dropped down into a gully. The gully was filled with bushes, small trees and a beautiful, tall gumtree which added to the lovely view.

Birds glided in and out of trees and their songs filled the sky.

For once I was given a moment to

breath