2. Still Another Normal Day

I was almost at the bus stop.

I saw Rose sitting on the brick wall on the side of the pathway, listening to music on her laptop as usual. Her strait bronzy brown hair was tied into a simple messy bun at the back of her head and her freckled face smiled as she saw me coming.

I have three besties:

Madeline who I met when we were in grade 3 – My first year living in Orchard. She now goes to Rosalind Highschool, but we always FaceTime each other and catch up when we can. Sometimes It feels as if we go to the same school.

 Sometimes It feels as if we go to the same school

Clare who I met when we were in grade 4. She goes to Orchard High as well and we're in the same class. It's funny with us because she's one of the shortest people while I'm one of the tallest, she has super curly hair and mine's dead straight, her birthday is the last month of the year and mine's the first month. Yet we just understand each other so well.

 Yet we just understand each other so well

Rose who I met when we were in grade six. She goes to Orchard High too however we're not in the same class. We live very close to each other, only a few streets away and we catch the same bus before and after school.

 We live very close to each other, only a few streets away and we catch the same bus before and after school

She looked up at me and waved at me to come in her direction.

"What is it?" I said as we did our little handshake we know off by heart, "Look at this" she said while turning her laptop so that I could see and placed her headphones on my head. She played a funny Marvel video with all the same scenes that we've watched before.

Rose never seemed to get bored of the same scenes over and over again as long as they were Captain America she didn't care. I did find it funny though. Spider-Man is the best by far. (no pun inten- who am I kidding that was so on purpose)

The bus arrived and we walked on. We talked and laughed. Till we arrived at school. "See you at lunch," I said as she walked to her class and I walked to mine. I went into class and there was Clare. She looked at me and did her mischievous grin that she always does, and I laughed.

Class started and I sat at my desk and doodled on the edges of my page as the teacher let out notices.

My hobbies are drawing, reading, netball which I got into the interschool sports team with Clare and the Flute which I'm in the school and regional band for.

I love animals, art, music, being comfy – because who doesn't? and daydreaming. My dream is to become an environmental scientist. I've practically loved animals ever since

The rest of the day went by and it was home time. I got on the bus with Rose, said goodbye and started making my way home. I pulled out my phone and played some music while listening to the birds singing along in the distance.

Still another normal day.