10. Deja Vu

But now was no time to breath, it was getting close to the time when I meet up with Rose and I walked back to the bus stop. Rose soon arrived not long after.

"Hi" I said as I waved at Rose. "So, did you think about it" she said, taking a seat beside me. "The answer is no", "Your so lame" she sighed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the last session of the school day, which was science, my favourite subject. Mr Garrson was our teacher, he was a tall man with scruffy chestnut hair and a bit of stubble on his chin. He was great at inventing and was always working on this project of his.

"Today we're starting with a biology pop quiz" Mr Garrson said as he handed everyone sheets. A few minutes later we had finished and handed in our sheets. "Congratulations Tamsin you're the only one" he said as he handed back our sheets. My sheet had a big 100% written in red pen on the front.

"How are you so good at science" someone said from behind me. I turned around to see who it was, andI saw Shawn smiling at me, his olive skin, brown side swept hair and hazel eyesglowing warmly in the afternoon sun. My stomach flipped upside down as I managed to squeak "I-I like biology?". Real smooth Tamsin. You sound like a total dork.

I quickly whipped my head around and covered my cheeks hoping he didn't see the light pink form on them.

- Shawn Fordson

------------------------------------------------------------------

School had ended, I went onto the bus and said bye to Rose. I was walking home as usual when......

BANG

The large sound was followed by an ear-piercing screech and I quickly hid behind some nearby bushes and barley peeked over the edge to see what the large bang was.

A strange figure steadily walked over to a bus and the young primary school students, within it screamed in fright. I looked to see that one of the bus's wheels had been blasted apart, with its broken, burnt pieces left on the road behind it.

Wait why does this seem so familiar?

I looked back at the strange figure who was a holding some kind of gun with a gloved hand. Smoke fumed out of the end and the gun pulsated with a bright light.

Why do I feel like this has already happened?

I was cut out of my thoughts as I realised the situation and panicked trying to think of what to do. Should I call the police? But they wouldn't be able to make it in time. The figure came closer and closer to the bus and I saw him blast off the door.

I had no other option

I took off my backpack and pulled on my hoodie that I have in case it gets cold and the red mask from the cat, I had been carrying it with me because I didn't want Grandma to see it and ask questions.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing!" I yelled at the figure as I ran out of the bushes. The figure stopped "Why don't you tell me?" the figure said before turning around to reveal a masked face.

The figure was a tall looking man with scruffy hair from what I could see. He wore a black turtleneck shirt with a long grey coat draped over the top and a mask. It covered the man's whole face and was a steel colour with a single glowing white stripe where his eyes would be.

I held my hands out and imagined the man being hit with my telekinetic powers

Nothing happened

I could feel the man looking at me and he scoffed before walking into the bus. No, I had to stop him. The scared thoughts of all the kids came flowing into my mind, I clenched my fists and he flew out of the bus hitting the fence of someone's house. It worked.

He stood up and ran past the bus. I ran after him "Don't think you're going anywhe- I said but when I was past the bus he had disappeared. I looked around but he was nowhere to be seen.

The thoughts of scared and confused kids rushed into my own and I walked into the bus and saw their frightened faces. "Hey, it's going to be okay the bad guy is gone now", their faces relaxed a little. I looked at the bus driver who was knocked out cold. I checked for her pulse and let out a sigh of relief when I found it, she was just unconscious. I pulled out my phone and typed in the emergency number, thinking about it now I should've called the police then handled him and when they arrived, they could've caught him.

"Hello? Yeah someone attacked a bus full of kids and the bus driver is unconscious" I said to the lady on the phone also telling her where I was. "We'll be there as soon as we can with the ambulance and police" she responded before hanging up.

I walked through the bus telling all the kids that it was going to be ok, the police are coming soon while making sure they were unharmed. I heard the whimper of a little girl and quickly rushed to where it was coming from. A little girl with brown hair and blue eyes was crying in pain as she stared at the burns on her leg. She was sitting where the man had blasted off the bus's wheel and there was a large burnt out hole where the wheel underneath her had been. I carefully lifted her up and sat her on a different bus seat.

"The ambulance is coming really soon and they're going to fix you up alright it's going to be ok" I said reassuringly, holding her hand and squeezing it tightly. She weakly nodded her head, "I-I saw you use your powers" she said through sobs "T-Thank you for saving me". I wrapped my arms around the top part of her body being very careful to not touch her injured leg, "I'll always save you" I said calmly in a warm tone "I promise".

"I've got to go now but the ambulance and police are arriving very soon and they're going to take care of you alright" I said giving the little girls hand one last squeeze before letting go and getting all of the other kids out of the bus.

Ducking behind a bush I quickly pulled off my hood and mask and shoved them back in my bag before the police and ambulance arrived. "Thank you for calling us and staying so calm" said the paramedic as she approached the bus "There's also a girl, she's got bad burns on her leg" I responded. They walked into the bus and I breathed a little easier knowing that they had everything under control.

They brought out the little girl, "My name's Piper" she said as she was brought past me

Your secret is safe with me

Thought Piper, and I gave her a wink making her smile.