7. So What Time Were You Planning?

I slowly opened my eyes to see Rose in my arms staring at the road. "I'm alive" she said with an expression of pure shock. "YOU COULD HAVE DIED!" I yelled at her. "But you saved me using your superpowers" she said with a smirk on her face.

How could anyone smirk at time like this?

"You certainly couldn't run that fast" She said as her smirk grew wider. Telekinesis?

Someone please tell me I'm dreaming.

--------------------------------------------------------------

When I got home that afternoon I flopped onto my bed exhausted from all the excitement, then my phone rang.

It was a FaceTime call from Madeline.

"Hey, how was your day" she said happily which made me smile, "Long or short story?" I replied, she gave a curious look before saying, "Long story".

I told her everything and she looked at me with her eyebrows raised.

"You don't have to believe me" I said, "I want to believe you, but you've got to show me" she said while smiling. "I don't think I'll be able to read your mind through a phone, but I could try telekinesis even though I only did it once by accident".

I placed a pencil on my desk and rest my phone on the wall so Madeline could see.

"I've only done this once remember" I said.

I took a deep breath before clenching my fists and thinking of the pencil lifting off the desk. The pencil went flying up to the roof so fast I heard it hitting the roof before seeing it lift. I immediately unclenched my fists and cupped my hands over my nose and mouth in surprise and it fell back down.

"Holy! This is sooo cool" Madeline said. "Why do you all have the same reaction?" I said in response. "We're all going to meet up this weekend and figure out what's going on" she ordered "Yes boss" I said "Anyway I'm starving so see you on the weekend" we both said goodbye before ending the FaceTime call.

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed some food.

Superhero? Who am I kidding?

I pulled out my sketchbook and couldn't stop myself from drawing a superhero suit, I just had all these ideas, not that I'd need them for anything, I just had to get it out of my system. I heard the back door open and I shut my sketchbook before Grandma walked in. I didn't need Grandma to know about everything and then tell Dad and Nimi, they're already so busy taking care of Byron.

"Hi honey" Grandma said as she brought in beautiful red flowers. "Gardening again?" I said, noticing the flowers "As always" she responded while placing them at the centre of the table.

One of the petals fell off, landing beside my scarred hand.

"What's this" Grandma said, lifting my hand with a concerned expression. "Oh, that yeah I...uh...I cut my hand on a music stand at band rehearsal the other day, yeah that's what happened, it was a really old one and the edge had chipped and cut my hand". She looked at me suspiciously but then her expression softened "Okay, be more careful next time" she said.

Phew that actually worked. "Well I'm going to do some homework in my room" I said while getting up from the table. "That's my girl" Grandma cheered.

The words superhero kept popping up in my thoughts and every time I pushed it to the back of my mind it came back. I can't focus like this! I grabbed my phone and texted Madeline:

So, what time were you planning for this weekend?