8. Just Think About It

Ding dong

I quickly scrambled to the front door to see Madeline. She planned for all four of us that is Madeline, Clare, Rose and me, to meet at my place today. It was a late Saturday morning but I was still in my pyjamas with my hair sticking out in all directions.

"Morning" I said as I opened the door for Madeline, "Hey!" Madeline and two other voices responded, of course the two other voices were Clare and Rose who had been hiding behind the door frame. We all laughed. "Cool you're all here" I said calming myself down.

I cleaned myself up and paired a white T-shirt with a cartoon girl wearing headphones and the words 'Doing My Own Thing' above her and dark blue denim jeans. I left my straight, dark hair down and it brushed my shoulders as I walked over to Clare, Rose and Madeline who were whispering something to one another.

"What's with the whispers?" I said raising an eyebrow.

Nice drawings Miss I'm not a comic book hero Rose thought

"I heard that" I said grabbing my sketchbook from her, "Don't look at my sketches without asking". Rose poked her tongue out at me, "This isn't fair" she said with pout.

"So about these powers of yours" Madeline grinned, "Would you show me how they work?", "Well, that's the thing I don't exactly know" I shrugged.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey watch it you nearly hit me!" Clare yelped, "Sorry". We were in a hidden corner of my backyard testing out my powers and well it wasn't exactly easy. Madeline was taking notes about who knows what, Rose was unsuccessfully attempting to rip apart a piece of timber with 'super strength' and Clare was being the guinea pig and was nearly hit with rocks multiple times.

"How about we try mindreading" Clare suggested.

Daniel Clare thought

"What am I think- "Daniel" I interrupted, "I was not!" Clare said as her cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "You so were" Madeline giggled, Rose wiggled her eyebrows. Clare rambled on in a huff as the three of us laughed about her crush on Daniel.

We all fell to the ground and looked up at the shifting clouds in the sky. "I love you guys" I said, "Do you girls want some lunch!" Grandma called out from the house. "Coming!" we all yelled, getting up off the ground.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After lunch we went back to my room. "So are we going to help you save the world?" Rose grinned "Save the world? From what, how and why?" I replied "You're boring" Rose sighed. "Don't you think being a superhero would be cool?" Madeline agreed "Yeah" Clare beamed.

There's that word again superhero

It just sits there and doesn't disappear, takes up all my thoughts and it bugs me!

"You like helping people" Madeline continued "Even if it's just Orchard you protect"

"And you won't be alone because I can be your guy in a chair" Rose added, "Don't you dare use a Spiderman reference against me" I replied. "Just think about it" Clare said.

"Anyway I better get going now" Rose said, "Me too" said Madeline, "See you later" said Clare, "Okay" I said before opening the front door for them. I waved and said goodbye to them all.

Just think about it

The words repeated in my head over and over again, so I did, I thought about it.