11. To be a Hero

"I'm home" I called out as I opened the front door. "Hi honey, how was your day" Grandma said as she wrapped me in a warm hug. "Great!...going to do some homework now".

I spent the rest of the afternoon doing homework or at least trying to. Who was that man and how did he have that weapon?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I went out to collect the newspaper. Oh no. On the front cover in bold letters were the words 'Super natural occurrence puts innocent school bus in harm's way'. I turned to the article:

At Buderim yesterday afternoon, an innocent school bus full of primary school students was attacked. The bus's wheel had been blasted apart to almost nothing, causing the bus to crash. How the bus's wheel was destroyed is unknown. All the police know is that it was certainly not caused by any regular weapon. One child who was sitting above the blasted wheel received serious burns.

Piper... I continued to read the article.

She is now being cared for medically and the future seems bright.

Thank goodness.

The bus driver was found unconscious but received no permanent injuries. Miraculously no one else was harmed. The police and ambulance give their appreciation to the brave high school student who called to inform them of the situation. The police are still looking into the situation and say to keep a look out for any other strange occurrences.

Dammit they mention me. I can't let Grandma see this. I shoved the article into the bin. Hopefully she won't notice.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Do you see this!" Rose said as she held up her phone to show me an online article about yesterday afternoon.

"Yeah, I was the brave high school student"

"You should have saved them yourself!"

"That's not my job"

I decided not to tell Rose about what happened. She would just end up getting hurt. I'm not going to do that again anyway.

At school everyone was talking about it. I overheard crazy theories about magic and what not. But thinking about it more, after what happened to me, they didn't seem so crazy.

I was walking to my locker when I heard a voice, I knew all too well, not in a good way.

"Hey, weirdo"

I turned around to see Bianca Groves laughing at me with a few other boys and girls. She had her bleached blond hair tied up in an excessively high ponytail and her light brown eyes stared at me waiting for a reaction.

 She had her bleached blond hair tied up in an excessively high ponytail and her light brown eyes stared at me waiting for a reaction

- Bianca Groves

I rolled my eyes before closing my locker. As I went to walk past her, she blocked my path.