The Past: 01

* THE MEETING OF YOU AND I*

Her parents knew she was different from everyone else her age when she was born. Mikoto had given birth to Itachi first and Fugaku first was overjoyed that the heir would be a boy. But he was more excited to have a daughter to spoil, however, she was born nearly 30 minutes after. He was panicking, wondering if his wife and his daughter were both going to make it. He was beyond terrified. Fortunately, his wife had given to healthy baby girl. 

The first strange incident that happen was when she was out into the world, there were chirps filling the room. The whole area was filled with white birds fluttering around the newborn girl. No one could explain the phenomenon- not even the Hokage, who only advised him to keep a close eye on her. 

Additionally, she had strange colored eyes, a light almost transparent blue rather than typical dark colored eyes that most associate with Uchihas. The doctors had performed a DNA test and it confirmed that he was the father. ( He knew Mikoto wouldn't cheat on him) The medical nins of his clan had assured him that it wouldn't affect her eyesight or her dojutsu which was a major relief since he didn't want her to be shunned from her clan.

As she grew up, she always stared into the distance and reaching out to grab air or sticking her index finger out as if she was waiting for something. She would sometimes cup her hands and stare at it for minutes in amazement. She always had this curious and wondering look on her face and Mikoto would always raise her concerns for her daughter's behavior. Hakuei was a strange child.

Furthermore, Hakuei would stick to her brother's side all the time whether it'd be when they were taking a stroll around the compound  or walking around in their household. She would always cry when they were separated which was normal for twins but she would sometimes have a dazed look in her eyes or daydream when she looked at Itachi. It was almost as if she saw someone else in his place. 

Itachi didn't seem to mind the attention at all. If anything, Mikoto notes, it boosts his baby ego. He would always stand in front of his baby sister, assuming a protective stance, or holding her tiny hand in his when they are walking, sleeping, eating, or...well doing anything. He always laps up her attention like a thirsty man when he sees water. If his sister is crying, then so is he. Itachi was usually a calm baby, but when he is separated from his sister, he throws tantrums like he's dying. He would kick and scream on top of lungs and whenever that happens, most of the compound would just laugh at their cute behavior, pitying the one who tried to separate them. 

The first time Fugaku had taken Itachi to the war zone, he had forgotten about Hakuei who had trailed behind him. When the twins had rushed to help the fallen ninja who in return tried to strike them both down, Fugaku immediately regretted his decision when Hakuei pulled Itachi, who was staring wide-eyed at then , to the side and attempted to shield him with her tiny body.

He quickly killed the man, making sure to make it a memorable lesson for them both. Hakuei only looked down sadly at the fallen corspe, crouching to his level and whispering so softly if Fugaku hadn't been a war veteran he wouldn't have caught it.

" Why must we kill someone who only followed a wrong king?"

For weeks, while he watched over the twin's training, his mind drifted off to her words. What did she mean? Could it be that she thought that it wasn't the Iwa nin's fault for participating in the war? What did she mean by a wrong king? Was it a wrong moral? A wrong Tsuchikage?

Aside from her strange speech, she was also quick to pick up things. Itachi was amazing, he was a natural at whatever he was taught. The eldest quickly picked up things and performed above standards.