Chapter 17

The cold winter slowly turns into spring, the trees outside coming alive again along with all the flowers. Taehyung likes winter, but spring is his favorite season. You watch everything come to life, the weather is nice and the season is good to him overall. He sits on the couch in front of the window watching the birds fly by as he slowly hums the melody of until the morning light with a book in his lap.

It's his copy of perks of being a wallflower which he's rereading again, never growing tired of it. He looks in Jungkook's direction, the younger laying sprawled out on the couch as well with his game controller in both hands, eyes solely focused on the tv and the tv only. "D'you want me to get lunch?" Taehyung says after a while, looking at the clock which reads a little after 12.

Jungkook pauses the game to look at Taehyung and nods enthusiastically, "Yes! can you go to the bakery?"

"Sure, i'll be back in a bit." He puts on his favorite denim jacket again after a long time since he never wore it because of the cold, and just when he opens the door he sees Jimin standing in front of it, small package clutched in his hands.

"Jimin?" Taehyung whispers, tone worried "what are you doing here?"."I got you something?" The older says, unsure of what he's doing. Jimin quickly shoves the package into his boyfriend his hands, who's face is full of confusion. "why are you acting so weird? And why would you get me something? I didn't forget an important date or something, right?" The silver-haired lad chuckles before looking at the package in his hands.

Something about it seems familiar, the way of wrapping it, the wrapping paper itself, the heavy weight of a book inside of it "wai- wait, Jimin? You were the one sending me books all this time?".

The older nods embarrassingly and looks away, hands clasped together behind his back."I know it looks really stalkerish now that you've found out but you never bought a book back then and I thought that maybe getting some would cheer you up, and of course I was kind of into you back then, but I really hope you don't mind or do you want me to never talk to you again" the orange-haired lad rambles but Taehyung just rolls his eyes before leaning in to kiss Jimin on his nose, slowly moving to the other his lips and he can feel the other smile into the kiss, arms wrapping around the younger his neck.

"You have no idea how happy those packages have made me back then, and even now" Taehyung whispers and Jimin looks up at him, his eyes have turned to crescent moons as he smiles brightly at his boyfriend.

"I hoped they would. Seeing you stare at the books in your hands without every buying them didn't make me feel good" Jimin mumbles before Taehyung presses yet another grateful kiss against his lips.

"The quotes fit the books so well, too. Even the ones not related to the book. I spent hours thinking about them, trying to find a meaning behind it" he says with a frown as he remembers the times he sat on the couch reading the books he got, trying to give meaning to the quotes. Some came easier than others, though for every quote he came up with his own personal meaning, which in Taehyung's opinion, made it even more special.

"One of the last books you got me, all the bright places, I think I love that one the most. For sure got a special place in my heart." Jimin smiles widely at that, remembering the book's story chapter by chapter. "I'm glad it has, it's my favorite book for a reason after all. I'm sure you understand why."