part 13

When I was younger, my father had a bar which he gave to my brother to take care of and for a long time, it was a grwat place where people would have parties and go out all the time, there was always a nice feel to the place and people loved to come there and so did I, but after a few years of having succes, it started to starve a little, less people came and the place went from being a nice and happy place to being a place where alcoholics and gangs would come to have a drink and it ruined the place. Then after a while of being a shit hole, Dante didn't want the place anymore and gave it back to my dad. He didn't know what to do with the place either but he kept it till this day, but yesterday he decided to give it to me and he said that I could do with it whatever I wanted, break the place down, reinvent it, sell it maybe or just keep it the way it is right now.

Even tho the place was smudged with shitty people who had ruined the place, me and my friends would sometimes go there, because we had so much childhood memories in that place. I remember that in the beginning I was never allowed in the back, because that was where they would be working the business from, but after a while I was allowed in there and I had to help with the business, interrogating people, murdering people whatever you can think of.

I didn't know what I wanted to do with the place yet, so I decided to leave it the way it was for now

It was a pretty big place aswell, if you walked in, there were some round tables with couches and chairs around them, some against the wall and some around the place. If you walked forward about 5 meters, you'd walk against a fence that kept you from falling down on the dance floor. A little to the left was a 2 meter wide staircase that let you go down on the dance floor. And to the right was a wheelchair entrence to the dance floor. The difference between the two floors was about 1,50 meter, but not much higher. If you went down the stairs, and looked to your right, inbetween the stairs and the wheelchair entrance was a bar where you could get your drinks and some snacks. Straight ahead was a empty space which was the dancefloor. That space used to be crowded with people dancing all night long, but now the only form of life on there were bacteria, insects and sometimes a mouse or two. Across from the dancefloor on the opposite side of the bar was a dj station. Dante always used to hire the same dj because he would play the best music to dance to. Now that was empty aswell. To the left was the girls bathroom and to the right the boys. Placed around the dance floor stood some high tables with bar stools around them. On the dj side there was also a staircase back up again and a wheelchair entrance aswell. If you went up there, you could either go around the sides to go back to the front door or you could walk through a door that went to the back. Where the storage room, a little kitchen and an office were.

A lot of stuff was broke or rotten because it was pretty much left behind and nobody came to clean it. There worked only a few people. There were 2 guys who worked at the bar and 1 guy in the back. I didn't really have much contact with them only with the 1 waitress that worked at the place. Her name was Heather. She was a woman around 40 years old. She had been working at the place ever since it opened for the first time. Most people left after the fall, but she didn't. Not because she liked the place so much, it was just that she was the only one who had the balls to stay. I had a lot of respect for her. She was one of the only people who dared to go in against the things my dad said. She worked at a place that was literally a cover for murders, but she didn't care and she didn't want anything to do with the business. She was one of the things that kept the place from literally being broken down by crazy drunk people. Whenever people tried to do something she would send them out and I'll assure you that they'd listen to her. She could get so don with people's shit that she would with no second thought shout at huge dudes or drunk motor gang leaders, nothing scared her. She was vierce.

The place used to be packed, but now there was a handfull of people spread across the place, either drunk or laying passed out on a table.

I walked in with my 2 best friends, Luca and Tony. We sat down on one of the round tables on the top floor where we talked and just had some fun. We went here to take the place in to see what we could do with it. I had decided that they would become the co-owner of the place because they had almost as much history in the place as me and they would probably be a great help to me. I had known them since I was a little kid. Luca's father worked closely for mine and tony's father used to work for my grandpa back when he started the business and now he works close with my dad, so that was the reason I was allowed to hang out with them and thats why we grew so close aswell.

Right now there were about 2 tables taken, which was a normal amount now a days. It was mostly sad old guys that had nobody else so they turned to drinking or creeps who didn't have any better place to ruin the mood.

The place was called "Eden." There was a big neon sign in front of the place that said Eden, but the lights in the first E had stopped working so ot just said "den."

"So what can I do for you boys today?" Heather's voice sounded from the front of the table. She was standing on the opposite of us with her hands leaning on the table. She was wearing a apron with the word "Eden" spelled on it with big blue letters and she had a towel hanging over her shoulder.

She had brown hair tied back in a knot. Her skin was pale and had some freckles on her cheeks.. She looked somewhat chubby, but in a way that made her look strong and added to her sort of intimidating look.

"Heather, you heard the news yet?" I asked her with a big smile on my face.

"Yes you're the new owner! That's great to hear, I think you'll do good for this place." She said with enthousiasm.

"Yeah we're going to trasform the place into a sex club and I was hoping you would still work here, you'd do great." I said jokingly.

"You watch it or I'll make you clean the toilets here!" She said with a grin while she rolled up her towel and hit it my way. She just barely missed, because I quickly dodged it.

"But seriously, what are you planning on doing with the place?" She asked.

"I don't know yet... I only know that I'm not gonna sell it."

"You could make it the way it was before, with all the fun and NICE people, not these drunk jerks. I think you'd do perfect!" She said with some enthusiasm in her voice.

"I might, but for now I'll leave it in the state that it is until I'm sure aboyt what I want to do with it."

She nodded.

"Can I get you boys anything?" She asked?

We declined and she left us alone again.

We talked some business and about other stuff. Afterwards we left eachother and I went back home again. My father asked about the place and I told him what I thought, that it was great, but that the people were shit and that I had to find a way to get rid of them. Maybe make some repears and it would be back to the way it was. He agreed.

I ate dinner alone because I got home late and everyone had already eaten and then I went to bed, where I decided that Eden would probably for now be a nice place to hang out and talk some business without getting bothered.