part 20

We walked out the back. Tony had drove a car there for me, so we could immediatly get out of here. I thought the hotel would be a good place for tonight and we could find a better and more permanent place tomorrow.

"Mister D'André. What a suprise! What can I do for you today? One of the female workers at the hotel asked as soon as we walked in. I had given Lola some different clothes so she wouldn't be recognised as quick.

"Yes, I want room 27 for tonight and could you maybe keep this visit to yourself?" I requested.

"Well sir, you know I have to tell everything to your brother right? Is this some kind of test?" She seemed a bit panicked.

"Yes that is alright, just nobody else thank you."

She gave me the key and we went to the room.

When we walked in, Lola's eyes seemed to grow atleast a centimeter.
"O my god, this room is amazing! Couldn't you have brought me here in the first place?" She walked over to the bed and let herself fall on her back on it.

I smiled at her. "It's just for tonight, so don't get too attached."

"This room is huge! Why would you get me this room?" She asked as she pushed herself up again and sat down now.

"Cause this room has the most comfortable couch." I replied

"What?" She giggled, "why would that matter?"

"Because I prefer sleeping on something comfortable."

"You are sleeping here tonight?" She asked a bit suprised.
The white dress she was wearing matched perfectly with the white bed sheets and the white curtains by the window. The last bit of light shone through the window just behind her. It made her hair look gold. She looked like an angel.

"Uuhhm sorry, yes I am, I need someone to protect you tonight and there are a lot of people that I can't trust these days, so I'll do it myself." I replied after staring at her for a little while.

"Why don't you just sleep in the bed?" She asked seriously while laughing a bit.

"Because that's inapropriate." I was a bit startled at her remark.

"Why? What is wrong with getting a proper night sleep? That's not inapropriate is it?"

I looked at her again and then to the ground.
"I'm going to take a shower real quick, could you maybe get some food from the kitchen?" I changed the subject.

She sighted, "yeah sure."

I went in the shower and took of my shirt when I realized I had forgotten a towel and went back into the room to get one from the closet. When I walked in, Lola was still laying on the bed.

"I'm sorry, I was just about to go I just.." she stuttered as she looked at me.

"It's alright, I'll be gone again in a second." I said as I walked over to the closet.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortably about sleeping in the bed, the couch is fine if you want to.."

"I'll think about it." I replied.

After I was done showering, I walked over to the kitchen to find Lola standing against the fridge. She was holding her head in her hands and seemed to be crying...

"What happened?" I asked as I quickly walked over to her.

"It's nothing, I'm just scared."

I put my hand on her shoulder. "About that, I think it's time you tell me what is going on." I said.

She shook her head, "I can't."

"Why not? Do you want me to keep guessing, or are you going to tell me why this guy is so dangerous to you and give me a reason to protect you?" I said a bit angry while taking her hands.

"I don't want to, because it's my own fault..."  she said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I don't believe that. Please tell me what happened, I don't like seeing you like this."

She shook her head and put her hand on her face again, while leaving her other hand in mine.
Her make-up was all over the place now, yet she still looked beautiful.

I put my hand on her cheek and pushed it up gently, so she looked straight at me.

"Please tell me what happened, I think I deserve to know."

She whiped away her tears and let her head rest on my chest. I put my hand on her head to try and calm her down.

"It's okay now, I'll make sure you'll be safe." I promised her.

"We... we used to be together, I once thought I loved him... but he hurted me and I wanted to get away. He wouldn't let me go and..." I felt her head shaking from the tears. "I didn't know what to do and he kept hurting me, so I tried to shoot him, which only made him more angry, but did get me a way out... I went to Franco, because he was the only person I knew that would be able to protect me from Jonas.. He told me not to tell anyone about him, because he may have spies that would tell him where I was." At the end, she had calmed herself a little and put her cheeck on my chest instead of her forehead.

My arms were still wrapped around her head. It felt nice, she felt nice, she felt safe, like I didn't have to prove myself to her.

"How did you know Franco then?" I asked carefully.

"He was a good friend of my father and before Jason betrayed him, he was the one that brought the two of us together." She replied.

I nodded.
"Knowing Franco, he probably felt responsible and that is why he agreed to protect you." I got quiet fot a second. "Why did you say that he was a good friend of your father? What happened?"

She looked up at me for a second and then back down again.
"My mom and dad, they were killed about 3 years ago..." she mumbled out quietly.

I got quiet for a second again.
"Where have you been living?" I asked finally.

"With Franco's brother actually. Franco wanted to make sure he could look out for me, but he didn't want me to get in any trouble with his business..." she answered.

I nodded.

"I'm so tired." She said after a bit.

"Yeah, me too, let's get to bed."

She looked up at me for a bit.
"So you're sleeping in the bed?" A little smile appeared on her face, which was drowned in make-up smudges.

I smiled back and started walking over to the bedroom and layed down on the middle of the bed with my hands behind my head.

She walked in behind me and layed down on my chest.
"Thank you," she said.

"What for?" I chuckled as I looked over at her.

"Keeping me safe." She said before she gently kissed me on my cheek.

I smiled at her again.
"Ofcourse."