part 27

The airplane landed and everyone got out. There was no one outside waiting to come pick us up today, no private taxi or car to get to our house, we had to take the bus. We didn't get to sleep in our own beds or homes, instead, we had to stay in a hotel.
We took 2 busses. The first one from the airport was really crowded and everyone had to stand and got pushed around. I wanted to push them back or throw them out the fucking window for it, but I had to keep myself calm. Dad was the only one that had gotten a spot to sit down and everyone else was standing spread around him.

"I can't wait till we're all settled in and have our own car again.." I let out after I got pushed into someone for the 20th time.

"Don't get your hopes up just yet." Dad spoke calmly.

The next bus that brought us to the hotel was calmer. Less people and almost everyone had a place to sit down, except for Angelic, who, under no circumstance wanted to sit next to some stranger.

When we got to the bus stop, we still had to walk through the town for about 10 minutes until we got to the hotel.

Me and Lola's room was alright, it wasn't too small, but not as big as I was used to either.
There was a living room, 2 toilets, one of which was inside the bathroom with 1 shower and a sink. The other toilet was next to the entrance of our place. 3 bedrooms 1 with a 2 person bed and the other 2 both had two one person beds. Me and Lola got to take the big bedroom, since mom wasn't there and dad slept in a one person bed, he let us have the big bed.

"This will be temporary, since we will find our own place as soon as possible. Tony is going to stay with us until he will be able to make a living on his own," Dad said calmly as we sat down in the livingroom.

I nodded my head, but stayed quiet.

The living room consisted of 1 large couch that stood in the corner of the room. The couch stood against the wall and benden along with the wall.
On the left arm side of the couch, stood a big, brown, chair with a footrest at the bottom on which dad was sitting.
In front of the couch stood a short, yet large large in scale coffee table.
Opposite of the couch on the wall, hung a large hd television screen.

On the other side of the room, there was a kitchen setup with a dinner table, which was surrounded by a total of 8 wooden stools.

"Dom," dad started. "I have thought," he turned a bit, to address me personally and not involve everyone. "I would like you to find a job... it doesn't have to be much, maybe clean dishes or fill storages, just so you can bring some money in. The money I will be going to make is purely going to the house, hotel costs and food, but I want everyone to have atleast some money for other things, since I am affraid otherwise everyone will be going crazy..."

"I understand." I replied sternly.

"Maybe you can serve food at a restaurant, since you already have some experience in that. I will get everyone some fake identities tomorrow at an old friend of mine, after that, everyone has to go by the names on the identities and you can start looking for a job."

I looked around the room for a second, it seemed so empty. When my eyes fell on Lola, they got stuck on her for a second. I could tell everything had strucked her rather hard. I knew she had been through a lot her entire life, even tho I was sure I didn't even know half of everything, I wanted to protect her, wanted to make sure she would be safe with me. I felt somewhat guilty as I looked at her. Her face smiled, but her eyes did not smile along.

"Yeah sure, could I maybe take a minute and go to our room?" I asked nicely, focussing my attention back towards my farher.

"Yes, go ahead, I think maybe everyone should go get some rest either now or soon."

I nodded and walked off, softly grabbing Lola's hand to walk her with me to the room.

I sat down on the footend of the bed as she was still closing the door behind her.
She walked up to me and put her arms on my shoulders, wrapping her hands together behind my head.

"How are you dealing?" She asked quietly.

I gave a soft "mehh" and let my head hang down forward.
"I'm worried about you, about dad, about everyone really. What if Dante or mom are in trouble?" I continued.

"You'll never forgive yourself, I know that.. I'm worried for them aswell." She said as she lifted my head back up with her left hand.
"But right now, there is nothing what we can do. And if there were, I'm sure you would be first in line to do whatever you can. I love you."

She sat down on my lap and kissed me on my forehead.

"I know, but, it doesn't make the worrying go away. I promised you I would keep you safe, and see where you are now!" I replied.

"Yes, see where I am now, I'm in Italy, far away from the dangers, safe, in a hotel with you, your father and Tony, the three people in who's hands I would gladly put my life. You kept your promise, I am safe Dom, there is no place on earth I'd rather be in this situation." She said.

I felt a small smile appear on my face, which was abruptly interrupted by a passionate kiss. Her lips were soft and they tasted like cherries.

"I love you too."
The smile reappeared on my face and a warm feeling of safety flew through my body.

"Maybe we should go to bed, it's late and we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow." Her tender voice sounded quietly in my ear.

"Yeah... goodnight." I said as a undid my suspenders, took of my shoes and layed down on the bed.

Lola came laying down next to me.
"Goodnight."