A Trip To Kyoto Gone Wrong

SORA'S POV

After planning and preparing, my sister and I are now in Kyoto exploring various temples and shrines and visiting the marketplace. We got to one of the shrines and Mai took a picture of Bearsace with the temple in the background with a smile on her face.

"You love that bear don't you?"

"Of course, it's one of my first designs," Mai spoke with a smile on her face.

Mai got the leaflet she bought at the shop from earlier which was 'A Traveller's Guide to Japan's Hottest Warlords.' We read through the warlords' background info and what they did for a living before they died including the Devil King Oda Nobunaga.

"Hey, check out Masamune, they did a lot of historical dramas about him."

"I know, there's been some info about him being great at cooking and he was one hell of a fighter."

Mai giggled a little and then she said to me.

"If he was still alive, you two would have a lot in common."

"I seriously doubt it, I haven't got time for that romance nonsense."

"Hehehe, there's that Lonewolf attitude again~" Mai spoke in a teasing tone.

I shook my head at her and then we continued our little exploration in Kyoto. We got to a famous temple which was Honno-Ji. I stared at the stone monument where Nobunaga died and I ran my fingers over the stone monument.

"Hmpf, no matter how many times I see stone monuments like this, it always brings back memories about the army days..."

Mai sighed a little and then she said to me.

"Whatever happened to 'not feeling depressed during our holiday?'"

"Gomen, you know what I'm like," I spoke with a smile on my face.

I stood up from the ground and I stared at the temple. 

"Oda Nobunaga killed himself at this very temple, I also learnt from history that this place was engulfed in flames at the time of his death."

"As I said, you're such a history nerd when it comes to these things."

I giggled a little and then I saw a man wearing a lab coat and his eyes were fixated on the monument. Mai looked at me and she asked me.

"Who is that?"

"I don't know but, I wonder why he's staring at the stone monument like that," Sora asked as we watched the man in the lab coat.

At that moment, I felt a drop of rain landing on the bridge of my nose. Mai and I looked up and then dark grey clouds appeared and it got heavier with the rain. 

"Oh come on! seriously?!" I yelled angrily.

Mai got her umbrella and she held over our heads.

"I thought the weather report was gonna be clear skies all day and night for the rest of the week!"

"Ugh, you can't always trust the weather reports these days," I told Mai with an annoyed frown on my face.

Mai looked at the man and she asked him.

"Excuse me, do you have an umbrella?"

"No, it's back at my hotel."

Suddenly, a bolt of lightning appeared in front of us and then it shattered the stone monument. Mai hugged me in fear and I shouted.

"OK, that did not look like your natural lightning at all!"

"Sora, let's get out of here."

"Sounds good to me."