I Won't Let Anyone Else Die In Front Of Me Again

SORA'S POV

I stood at a fighting stance while standing in front of Mai protectively as the group of ronin glared at Nobunaga and the other warlords. Mai trembled in fear and I told her.

"Mai, whatever happens, stay well back from this fight."

"Okay and please be careful Sora."

I smirked a little and I told her.

"I'm not worried after all," I looked back at the ronin and I told her. "This is what I was trained for."

The ronin charged at the warlords including Nobunaga. The warlords took down a few of the ronin and they were all shocked by Nobunaga's strength including the warlords.

"Impossible!"

"There's no way we can win, unless..."

One fo the ronin glanced at us and then he charged towards us. Mai closed her eyes tightly but, I rushed towards the ronin and I used my lariat move on him. The ronin coughed and he mumbled before passing out.

"So fast..."

Once he passed out, I glared at the ronin and I picked up the sword he dropped and I said to them.

"What's the matter? Never seen a woman fight before or are you all afraid?" I asked with a smirk on my face before standing at a fighting stance.

The ronin chuckled and snickered at me before one of them shouted.

"Ha! You've gotta be kidding! There's no way someone like you can take us down!"

"Get her!"

One of them yelled before charging towards me. I held my sword at the ready before dodging their attacks and then I struck one of the ronin in the back. Another one charged at me with his sword raised in the air and I swung my sword to the right, cutting his chest and then he fell onto the ground. The next ronin charged at me and he swung his sword, left and right but I managed to dodge his every move. As I dodged his attacks, his sword swings felt like a slow-motion to me since I was trained to read every enemy's moves carefully before making the next move.

I blocked his sword before spinning around to strike his thigh making him fall to the floor in pain. I stabbed him in the chest before turning my attention to the remaining ronin who had me surrounded. I looked at every one of them and I smirked at them.

"Hmpf, eight against one?  How will I ever escape? *chuckle*"

The ronin looked at me confused before I dashed at one of them and slicing his chest. Before he dropped his sword, I grabbed it in time and I used my two swords to take down the remaining ronin who tried to attack me. One of them tried to sneak atta k me but, I leaned back in time and I flipped backwards to kick him in the face. I stood up in time before crossing over my arms into a scissor position to cut his head clean off his body.

3RD PERSON POV

As Sors fought against the ronin, Masamune and Nobunaga were shocked and surprised by Sora's skills because they weren't e expecting her to go all out like this. Mai stood in the corner with a terrified look on her face since this was the first time she had seen Sora fight with a sword before.

'Oh my God...this is what the army taught Sora? Has she been this strong this whole time without me realising until now?'

Mai asked herself as she watches the blood spatter fly past or onto Sora as she continued to strike down the ronin. The group of ronin stood there with shock and scared looks on their faces until one of the ronin pulled out a pistol and shouted.

"Stay back, demon!!"

"Sora! Look out!"

The ronin shouted before firing the pistol. However, instead of dodging the bullet, Sora tossed away one of the swords in time before swinging the other one downwards which sliced the bullet in two. The warlords were shocked by this and then Sora dashed towards the man who tried to shoot her and then she sliced off his hands and then he screamed in pain. With her free hand, she catches the pistol in time and then she points it at the Ronin's head before firing it at his forehead. The ronin dropped dead on the spot and then she glared at the rest of the ronin who stood there with horror in their eyes.

"Who the hell is this woman?! Is she even human?!"

"I don't know, let's get outta here!!"

The ronin tried to make a run for it but, Sora fired the pistol multiple times and she managed to kill at least six or seven of the ronin before the bullets ran out. Sora had an emotionless look on her face after the ronin made a run for it and then Mitsunari cautiously approached Sora.

"Um, Sora? Are you all right...?"

Sora slowly turned to look at the warlords and they were shocked and surprised to see the emotionless look on her face and the look to kill in her eyes. Sora was covered in blood spatter from the fight and she continued to hold the sword in one hand and the other was the unloaded pistol. Sora then glared at Nobunaga and she told him.

"I told you didn't I? This is what I'm capable of... don't even think about claiming me as one fo your luck my charms because I don't believe in nonsense like that, not anymore..."

Sora held her sword near Nobunaga's and she warned him.

"If you EVER touch my sister or try to make a pass at her, you'll regret getting second chance to take over Japan cause it won't be your enemies you'll have to worry about, it's also me."

Nobunaga didn't know what to say after that comment and neither did the other warlords when they saw the cold look in Sora's eyes and the atmosphere turned into ice as well. Sora turned her back towards Nobunaga and she walked away from him before tossing away her weapons. Sora walked past the bodies and she left a trail bloody footprints on the floor as she left the audience chamber.

Once she had left, Hideyoshi pressed his back against the wall before sliding down it after sighing in relief. Mitsunari looked at Hideyoshi and he asked him.

"Lord Hideyoshi, are you OK?"

"I...I'm fine...I think..." Hideyoshi told Mitsunari with a shaky breath.

"What the hell was that? I've never seen anyone fight like that before."

"I know and that lass had a cold look in her eyes when she took out those ronin."

Masamune spoke as he recalled the cold-icy glare Sora had in her eyes as she took down the ronin. Mai couldn't believe what she had witnessed either and then Nobunaga looked at her and asked her.

"Did you know what she was capable of?"

"No...I didn't...I've only heard stories about Sora's battles when she was still in the army but...I've never got to see her fight in person before...it's like she's a completely different person..."

Mai spoke while trembling a little.

Back with Sora, she got back to her room and then she stared at herself in the mirror. Sora looked at her hands and she could see the blood from the ronin that she spilt. Another flashback appeared in Sora's mind and she saw herself being back in the battle in Afghanistan and she could hear the gunfire in the distance.

"Sora..."

Sora heard Maria's dying voice her head and then she clenched her fists tightly.

"Maria..." Sora mumbled.

She gritted her teeth and then she looked at herself in the mirror again. Sora saw herself wearing the army uniform and Maria's blood on her clothes and her hands. Sora frowned and then she lowered her head with anger in eyes.

"Maria...I swear I won't let anyone else die in front of me again..."

Sora mumbled as she remembered her friend's smile before she died.