I Don't Need Friends

SORA'S POV

As the rain continued to pour from the sky, I stopped walking when I reached the bridge and I rested my folded arms on the railing. I stared at the horizon with an emotionless look on my face. I didn't care if I was getting wet or if the others were worried about me, I couldn't go back to the castle, not yet anyway.

'How can I face Mai after what she witnessed...?'

I remembered the scared look on her face when she saw me covered in the ronin's blood when they invaded the castle that day. Since then, Mai didn't come out of her room and I stuck to training to try and forget about that day and about Maria but, it was no good.

'I thought leaving the army was the right thing to do after Maria died but now...it feels like the past that I tried to leave behind won't leave me alone. The wars of the Sengoku period are stirring some old memories for me and that's not good, as soon as the wormhole gets here, my sister and I will be back in our own time where everything is normal and I can forget about the past and this place.'

"Sora?" A familiar voice called out to me.

I glanced to the side and it was Hideyoshi. I frowned and I told him.

"What part of the term 'leave me alone' don't you understand?"

"Sora, it's raining and you're standing here without anything to keep you dry."

"Oh please, I'm used to these weather conditions, my general taught me and my comrades in weather like this, so it's no big deal."

"Ugh, why do I even bother with you?"

"If you've got nothing else to do other than annoy me, then do me a favour, go grab a banana and choke on it."

Hideyoshi looked at me shocked before walking past him. 

"What is the matter with you!? we try to show some concern and this is the thanks we get?"

"I never asked you to be worried about me! now leave me be!!" I yelled angrily before making my way back to the castle.

Once I got back, Mai saw me and she said to me.

"Sora! there you are! oh my god, you're soaking wet!"

"Stop fussing, it's no big deal, it's not like I'm gonna drown or anything."

I said as I walked through the hallway as the water dropped from my hair and clothes. Mai rushed over to me and she said to me.

"Sora, you're gonna catch a cold if you don't dry off."

"I told you I'm fine, besides..."

Mai looked at me surprised before I patted her on the head.

"I'm more worried about you, you were in your room for quite a while now, how are you feeling? any better?"

MAI'S POV

When I looked at Sora, her eyes looked emotionless and she had dark circles under her eyes.

'Sora looks like she hasn't been sleeping much, could it be those flashbacks are bothering her again?'

"Onee-chan, I'm fine thanks to Hideyoshi but, what about you? you look as if you haven't had a wink of sleep in days."

Sora looked at me surprised and then she looked away from me.

"It's those dreams again isn't it?"

"Shh!"

Sora hushed me before pulling me into one of the guest rooms. She slid the doors shut and she then looked back at me.