She's Afraid Of Getting Close To Someone Again

SORA'S POV

Dreamworld...

I was in the battlefield and it was the day when Maria died. I watched myself as I held Maria in my arms as she bled to death.

"Maria! hold on!!"

"Sora...it's ok...it was worth it..."

"Worth it, my butt!! what the hell were you thinking?!"

"I didn't want to...see you get hurt..."

"Please hang on Maria, I don't want to lose you..."

Suddenly the world froze and then I heard Maria's voice.

"It's your fault..."

I turned around and I saw Maria wearing her military uniform and I noticed the wound that she got when she protected me.

"Maria...my friend..." I spoke in a shaky tone except she had a frown on her face.

"It's all your fault Sora..."

I was shocked by this and when I looked into her eyes I noticed they had turned red. 

"It's all your fault that you were weak Sora...it's your fault that I sacrificed my life to save someone who was weak and pathetic back then..."

"Maria, please! it's not my fault! I swear! I tried to help you when you were hurt but-"

"SHUT UP!!"

Maria shouted as her voice changed into a demonic voice. I took a few steps back until she charges at me.

Dream ends...

I shot my eyes open and I sat up quickly. I was hyperventilating while dripping in sweat. I looked around and it was morning and I sighed in relief until I noticed that I wasn't alone in the room. I looked to the side and Mai was asleep beside me. I knew she had a habit of doing this whenever she noticed that I was feeling troubled or down.

'Honestly, she needs to stop worrying about me, but still...'

I gently patted her head as I continued to think to myself.

'I'm glad I've got someone like her by my side otherwise, I would have gone insane from blaming myself for Maria's death.'

I quietly got out of bed and I decided to leave Mai alone to sleep.

3RD PERSON POV

As Sora got to the training grounds, Mai woke up and then she noticed Sora has left. Mai was starting to get worried about her so she decided to check up on Sora. When she got to the training grounds, she noticed Sora was just standing there staring at the morning sky.

'Sora is just standing there...I wonder what's going through her mind right now?'

Mia thought to herself as she watched Sora. Just then, Nobunaga showed up and he watched as Sora snapped out of her thoughts and then she started practising. 

"When Hideyoshi told me Sora does nothing but, practise morning, noon and night, I didn't know it was this bad."

"I'm worried about her, Nobunaga. I've seen how she's been so far and it looks like she's been having sleepless nights and she hasn't been eating properly."

Suddenly, Sora came to a halt and then she stabbed her sword onto the ground and she leans on it for support. Mai looked at Sora shocked and then she rushed over to her.