A Violent Start To Our New Life In The Sengoku

SORA'S POV

We rode through the night until dawn broke. Once the sun was high in the sky, I saw the view of a castle and I knew this is where Nobunaga lived before he died, well, at least that's what I've been told during those history classes. Mai was surprised and shocked when she saw the view until Hideyoshi told her.

"Don't show yourself to Lord Nobunaga with that expression. You look like a gaping frog."

Hideyoshi said to me with a strict look on his face.

"Oy!" I yelled before sticking him inside his head.

"Ow!"

"Be nice to her, will ya?! In case if you haven't forgotten I'm right here!"

"Oh I haven't forgotten and I'm gonna make sure you're punished for attacking our lord."

"Ooh, I'm scared of the big bad devil and his pet monkey! NOT!!"

Masamune burst out laughing when I sarcastically said this.

"Oh man, this woman is hilarious! I like her already!"

I smiled a little when he said this.

"Don't encourage her, Masamune," Hideyoshi warned Masamune.

"But, seriously though, why the name Sora? Does that sound like a guy's name or something?"

"That's what some people always ask me, yes it kinda does but, all you need to know is that my old man wanted a son and well, I'm stuck with it."

"Well, it suits you either way."

"I'll take that as a compliment," I spoke with a smirk.

Mai giggled a little and she said to me.

"Is the lonely wolf Sora, finally befriending a man?"

"Shut up Mai!" I yelled while she continued to laugh at me.

"Hideyoshi-sama, welcome back."

I looked who called out to him and it was a crowd of waving and cheering women who were greeting Hideyoshi and Masaume.

"How can you get this welcome every single time, Hideyoshi? Break a heart or two will you?"

"What do you take me for?"

Hideyoshi said with a shrug. He dismounted his horse and walked towards the crowd of women.

"I've told you there's no need to come all the way to the gate for me. What about your work?"

Woman 1: "I finished early so I could see you when you came back."

Woman 2: "Hideyoshi, will you be staying long? I hope we'll have time to catch up."

"Don't let me keep you waiting. I'll send a letter as soon as things settle down.

Women 2: "Of course! Take as long as you need!"

I dismounted his horse and I sweatdropped a little.

"So the monkey is kind to the people of Azuchi but, he's mean to us? What the hell man?"

Masamune chucked and he also got off his horse before helping Mai.

"He's like with everyone, I guess you two are special."

"Special my butt, he practically threatened me and my sister to admit we were behind the whole incident which we weren't!"

"All right, calm down, woman, sheesh, why are you so angry?"