I May Have Been Wrong About The Warlords After All

SORA'S POV

Masamune stayed by my side as he comforted me while I sat on his lap crying my eyes out and soaking his kimono with my tears. I tried so hard to stop but, the memories of the past continued to haunt me no matter how hard I tried to forget about it. Masamune stroked my hair and then he asked me.

"Have you calmed down yet?"

"*Sniff..** I think so..." I said as I finally managed to calm down.

I wiped away the last of my tears and I looked away from him.

"Gomen...I feel so pathetic right now...and I'm supposed to be the strong and protective sister..."

"Hey, it's all right for you to admit that you're not as strong as you thought you were but, there's something I still don't get."

I looked at Masamune and he asked me.

"Why is it so hard for you to make new friends?"

"I already told you...Maria was my best friend and she was like a sister to me...I don't want to replace her..."

"No one is saying you should replace Maria, you can still remember her and make new friends but, that doesn't mean you have to build a wall around yourself and push people away from you when they're trying to help you."

Masamune gently cupped my face in his hands and he told me.

"Sora, if you keep hurting yourself like this you're gonna drain out your energy and starve yourself to death."

"I don't care...no matter how hard I try to sleep, the memories of the past haunt me every night...don't you get it..? I may have been a soldier before but, that girl died along with Maria...I was doing fine until I came here!"

I punched my fist onto the ground as I shouted in frustration.

"This place is nothing but filled with goddamn wars left and right!! every since that day with the Ronin! the night terrors get worse every single night! every time I try to sleep they keep haunting me!! I can still hear them! the gunfire! the yelling of my comrades dying! Maria's dying breath!! And I can still see myself covered in her blood!"

"Hey calm down!"

Masamune grabbed my wrist to stop me from punching the ground. I took a few shaky breaths and then Masamune's calm voice spoke up.

"It's all right, I know it was traumatic for you to see your friend dying in your arms but, things will get better for you."

"How can things be better?!" I yelled angrily with tears threatening to spill out of my eyes.

"I'm weak and pathetic..."

"That's not true and don't say things like that either, you're strong, you just know it yet."

Masamune gently placed my head against his chest and he stroked my hair.

"I'll see if I can get some incense to help you sleep peacefully and I'll make some proper food for you, eating rice balls for breakfast, lunch and dinner isn't enough to fill your stomach."

I didn't say anything as exhaustion started to catch up with me and I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer as sleep finally caught up to me.

MASAMUNE'S POV

"Sora?" I called out her after I told her what I was gonna do to help her.

However, she didn't say anything and that was when I noticed that she had fallen asleep. I smiled a little and I picked her up like a bride.