Chapter 9(Part 1)

Emma's POV
I can't believe that David is back. I can't believe that he tried to hurt brantley. Brianna hasn't left my side since last night. She even follows me to the bathroom. Hopefully, Brantley will be here soon. He's been driving all night and I know that's he going to be exhausted when he gets here. It's almost 6:30 in the morning and I'm sitting on my kitchen counter drinking my coffee when Bri walks in from my bedroom. "Emma, you have got to get some sleep." She says walking over and sitting in the counter next to me. "I know I do, but I'm not sleeping until B is here sleeping next to me. I have to know he is safe." I tell her as my eyes well up with tears. Bri leans over and wraps her arms around my neck and hugs me while I cry. We sit there and hug until there is a strong bang on the door.

Brantley's POV
As soon as I hung up the phone with Emma, PJ and I hopped in my truck and headed to North Carolina. We've been driving all night and it's almost 7am. We are finally pulling into the parking lot of her apartments. "Boss, you gotta calm down before you get up there. She's already scared, you can't scare her more." PJ says as I start getting out of the truck. I nod my head and the head up the stairs to her front door. I bang on the door, but quickly regret it when I realize I probably scared her. "Who is it?" I hear Emma say on the other side of the door. "Emma Jade, baby it's me. Open the door baby." As soon as I say that, I hear the locks turning. The door opens, and my baby girl jumps into my arms. "It's ok. I'm here now." I say soothingly as I walk us into her apartment. PJ shuts the door behind us and we all head to the couch to figure out what to do next.

Emma is curled up in my lap and refuses to move. I look over at Brianna, who is sitting next to PJ. "Has she slept at all?" I ask. "Not since he called and said that your bus was on fire. I tried to get her to, but she refused. She wanted you here first." Brianna says with sad eyes. "Has he called anymore?" "David called a couple more times. He said he was sitting outside and watching us." Emma finally says  into my neck. "We never looked to see if he was really there. We just shut all the blinds and then moved away from the windows." Brianna adds. "Alright. We are all gonna try and get some sleep for a couple hours. PJ will be out here on the couch and if he calls or tries any thing we will handle it." I say as I pick up Emma and carry her to bed. Brianna follows us and we sandwich Emma between us and fall asleep.

Emma's POV
I wake up and it's about 11:00. I can't help but smile a little when I realize that I'm smooshed between my two most favorite people. My smile quickly fades when I hear a loud pounding on the door. I jump and Brantley and Brianna quickly sit up. "Expecting anyone?" Brantley asks. Bri and I both shake our heads. "Stay here." He gets out of bed and I quickly grab his arm. "Brantley please stay with me." I plead. "Baby, I promise I'll be right back. Y'all stay in here." When he walks out, he shuts the door and I start to panic. I'll never forgive myself if something happens to him or PJ.