Chapter 12

Brantley's POV
Emma Jade and I are on our way to Mama's house and she is nervous. "I promise that she is going to love you baby. Quit bouncing your leg." I say with a laugh, and rest my hand on her leg. "I'm sorry. I've just never been good at meeting the parents." She says putting her hand on top of mine. "No one could be as bad at it as I am. Meeting my mama is going to be a piece of cake." I reassure her again. I hear her take a deep breath as we pull into Mama's driveway and she walks out on the porch. "I love you. Everything is going to be fine." "I love you too." Emma says with a smile and quickly kisses my lips. I hop out of the truck and walk around to open Emma's door and then we make our way towards the house.

Emma's POV
As we are making our way up to the house, I see Brantley's mom, look me up and down. I take another deep breath as Brantley let's go of my hand to embrace his mom. "Mama, this is Emma Jade, my girlfriend. Emma, this is Becky, my mama." Brantley says with a smile. I look at his mama with a smile and stick my hand out. "Hi Ms. Gilbert. It's nice to meet you." "Honey, I don't do the handshake thing. I'm a hugger. You can call me Mama." She says wrapping me in a hug. "Let's go in and have some lunch." Mama Becky says as she leads us inside.

"I hope you guys are hungry." Mama Becky says, making her way to the kitchen. "Emma will you come help me? Brantley, your brother is outside. Go get him please." "Yes ma'am." Brantley says kissing my cheek and heading out the back door. "What can I help you with Mama?" I ask. "Oh honey, I got it. I just wanted a few minutes alone with you." Oh no. This is the moment I've been dreading. "Brantley has told me a lot about you Emma Jade. I'm sorry about your parents. I just want you to know that as long as you are with my Brantley, you will be family. I haven't had much time with you but I already love you. I know that you are just what he needs. He even told me about that crazy ex of yours. That must have been awful." Mama says, and I start getting teary eyed. "If it wasn't for Brantley, I don't think I would have survived what happened with David. I was in a dark place when Brantley came into my life. I tried to hide it behind a smile. I think I got really good at it. He somehow fixed it when he walked into my work that night. My life hasn't been the same since. I love him so much." I tell Mama Becky, and her and I both are wiping away tears. Neither one of us noticing someone was listening from the hall.

Brantley's POV
I listen to what Emma is telling Mama and I'm shocked. Who knew that they would hit it off so quick and Emma would open up to Mama. That girl has no idea how much I really love her. My thoughts are broken when the back door opens, and Kolby walks in. "What are you doing bro?" He whispers. I shook my head and started walking into the kitchen. Mama and Emma hurry and wipe their tears, and I pretend like I don't see them. "Is everyone ready to eat?" Mama asks. We all head to the table and start fixing our plates. "B, you didn't tell me how hot your girl was!" Kolby says. Before I can say anything, Mama smacks him on the back of the head. "Back of Kolby. She's mine." I say, sending a wink to Emma. Casual conversations continue as we finish lunch.

Emma and I are getting ready to head home and her and Mama are already planning a girl's day. As they are saying their goodbyes, Kolby walks over to me. "You picked a good one bro. I like her. She's badass." He says. "Yeah. I think I finally found the one. It's too soon to propose, but I want to marry her." I say as Emma and my mama walk up. We say our goodbyes and Emma and I head home.