Chapter 1 - London Life

Dominic Harrison, a vigorous 21 year old threw his tattered black and white checked Vans rucksack on his bed, dark grey covers crumpled in the middle of the large basic wooden bed. One pillow hung lifelessly off the side of the bed, whilst the other propped up against the headboard. Dom sighed looking at the state of his spacious plain room, his floor which could not be seen was covered with a mixture of clean and dirty clothes, his white guitar propped up against the cream coloured wall, was the only thing that could be seen amongst the mess. It was his afternoon off after a long morning  of rehearsals, he knew that he needed to get the room clean in order to start thinking creatively for his next song.

Dom is a famous singer portraying himself as YUNGBLUD, which included a drummer and a guitarist, the guitarist being his best friend Adam Warrington. The boys had all just come back from a tour in Australia, and upon the day of him leaving for the tour he didn't have time to tidy his room after he ransacked the place for his passport. He retrieved the tattered passport from underneath his bed, swearing as he was certain he left it upon the black sleek wooden desk. 

He was tired after being in the studio from 6AM, and all he wanted to do was sleep. This was not an option as he forcefully shoved a pile of creased clothes to the side joining the current mound. He picked up the giant pile and walked over to the washing basket in the corner of the room, which was already occupied and overflowing with the hoard of clothes he had dumped there four weeks prior. He dumped the pile on top making half the pile topple to the floor, Dom sighed and walked away, "at least it's with the washing to do in the corner and not on the floor" he thought to himself as he started tackling with the rest of the room. An hour went past and the room which use to resemble a clothing shop after hosting a close down sale, was now like a showroom. Dom hated mess, he didn't want to be a stereotypical rockstar who didn't take pride and care of their belongings, his mother made sure of that when he lived back at home in the small, quiet town in Doncaster. Now living in the busy, rushed up city London, Dom did miss the peace and quiet now and then. 

He picked up his guitar and walked to his neatly made bed, a leather black note book open on a page full of scribbles, drawings and symbols of black ink-filled hearts. Dom sat down on his bed and started strumming lightly on his guitar, whilst humming a tune in sync with the cords playing. Every now and then, he would pick up his heavily chewed black biro and write down sentences or words, scribbling aggressively at others. Dom felt in the moment, the creative thoughts flowing through his veins, his head was swirling with images as if he was on drugs. This was what he loved about music, the freedom being able to create content that allowed him to speak out about the world.  

Just as Dom was heavily sucked into the music vortex, there was a loud banging at his door followed by a deep heavy voice bellowing his name from the other side. He smirked, putting his guitar down on the bed, as he rushed to the door before jumping on top of the person awaiting his presence. "ADAAAAAMMM!" Dom yelled hugging his best friend, wrapping his legs around his waist.

 "DOMINIC MY MAAAAAAAN!" Adam shouted back, he barged into the flat with his best friend still attached to his body throwing him down on the black worn leather sofa in the living room.