Chapter 8 - Feelings

Dom nervously sat next to Amelia as he watched her bring up a screen with what looked like schedule, he could smell her sweet perfume filling his nostrils. Trying to focus on the schedule rather than the heavenly scent, Dom glanced over and saw Amelia frowning at the work loaded up on the screen. Blocks of colours filled the spreadsheet, as he watched her quickly change colours of certain blocks and move others around. 

"So urm, what is this exactly?" He asked, his forehead frowning as he leaned in closer to the screen to understand everything that was going on. 

"This is your schedule of places to be, where and what to sing and finally the release of the new song which has been sprung upon on us." Amelia quickly explained. "I have loaded on this document as I can easily edit days off and time slots quickly." 

"Oh wow this is mental." Dom exclaimed, his voice rising due to his excitement. Amelia looked over as him and grinned to herself, she could see he was genuinely interested in everything that went on around his band, she loved the passion Dom effused. Dom glanced at her too, their eyes met, a spark flew up in both their stomachs. Amelia caved, and turned her face away as she explained Dom's schedule to him, her cheeks burning as she felt his eyes watching her. 

"And then finally you end your tour here in London and you get to rest for a while before we all hassle you for a new song." She grinned, finally turning back to him. 

"Thank you Amelia this is really great!" Dom grinned looking at the screen. "I really appreciate all the hard work you've been doing, not a lot of people can handle the rush and the craziness here. I'm glad I met you, I really enjoy coming here and seeing you." 

Amelia blushed, this was the first time she heard Dom compliment her, she felt like a school girl. Butterflies fluttered in her stomach as she looked down and giggled, tucking her hair behind her ears. She was so nervous she didn't know what to do. She looked up, her yes locking with Dom's. They were a beautiful green colour, with different shades of yellow and blue mixed in, the twinkled as she looked. 

"Thanks, that means a lot. It's a bit daunting here, but seeing you everyday makes it easier." She replied, the corner of her mouth cocking up to the side. 

"As long as you're with me Mills, you're safe." Dom said, reaching out and lightly squeezing her knee reassuringly. Amelia felt like a firework had gone off inside her, he gave her a nickname. 

"Mills!" She thought. "He called me Mills, oh wow Dom gave me a nickname!" She smiled again and thanked him. Just as she was about to say something her phone rang, she looked at the caller ID and saw it was Quinn the scheduler at Radio 1. 

"I've got to get this, catch up later?" She asked, sighing. 

"No worries, I'll be around." He replied, he let her answer the phone. 

"Hi Quinn! Thanks for getting back to me. How is the date looking for Yungblud to play in the Live Lounge with you guys for this latest release? Trust me this song is incredible, you won't regret moving people around!" She excitedly explained. Dom sighed, he felt again another moment with Amelia had been cut short. He knew he was starting to develop feelings for her, he just wished that there was a way for them to spend time together without getting interrupted. He slowly got up and walked to the door, turning his head around and watched her stood at her desk, clicking buttons on her laptop. 

Amelia turned round halfway through the call and noticed Dom had left. Her heart sunk as she was hoping that he would still be there, messing around with things on her desk whilst she chatted away. She bid Quinn goodbye, hung up the phone and collapsed in her chair. She was frustrated with herself as she didn't want her feelings to interfere with her work, and she was worried she was letting herself get caught up with Dom.