Chapter 4 - The Getaway

The girls stepped off the train onto the platform, being welcomed by the heatwave that overwhelmed them. 

"How can it possibly be hotter here!" Moaned Louise, fanning herself rapidly. 

"Because Brighton has the sea, and the wind from that making it cooler." Answered Amelia, popping on her shades as they walked out of the station. "Right lets get settled in the hotel and then we can discuss the plan." 

Later the taxi which had picked up the girls had pulled up outside a beautiful marble white hotel. Amelia was stunned as she stepped out, her mouth gaped open as she took in the beautiful architecture. 

"Did good didn't I?" Boasted Louise. She took Amelia's hand and led her into the open lobby, thick marble pillars reaching high supporting the arched ceiling, delicately painted with cherubs and clouds. In the middle was a round three tiered water fountain with freshly cut flowers surrounding the edge, Amelia stood admiring every detail she could see. 

After checking and putting their bags away, Amelia and Louise headed outside to start off the getaway. They walked down the street into a small cafe, it was very quiet with hardly any customers. There were plush sofas dotted in corners of the cafe, with vines and flowers dangling down from the ceiling. Amelia and Louise both ordered a coffee and were on their way to sit down in one of the corner sofas until Louise walked into a gentleman stood waiting near by.

"I'm so sorry!" Apologised Louise after spilling her iced coffee all over the young man. "I didn't mean to do that, I need to pay attention to where I'm going!" She blushed as the man smirked and laughed. 

"No sweat, least it was an iced coffee and not pipping hot!" His thick Northern accent shined through as he grabbed a napkin from nearby and mopped himself up. 

"You're too kind! I'm Louise by the way, and this is my best friend Amelia. She's moving here in a couple of days." Louise pulled Amelia from behind her and dragged her by her side. 

"Nice to meet you guys, my name is Dominic. Dom for short." He held out his hand as he shook their hands with a cocked smiled. He deep green eyes sparkled at them, his thick shaggy hair styled roughly to the side. "Where about's are ya moving to Amelia?" He squinted trying to remember her name. 

"Uhh just by Waterloo Bridge." Replied Amelia sheepishly, she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"No way I live near there too! We should hang out some-" Dom replied, interrupted by the shrill of his phone. "Sorry I've got to take this it's my best mate, nice to meet you two!" He rushed out of the cafe and darted down the road looking distressed.

"Well he was cute!" Grinned Louise walking towards the sofas in the corner with a freshly made drink.

"Yeah he was okay I guess." Shrugged Amelia, she looked down and took a long sip from her drink.

"Oh come on Mills, he wasn't just okay he was super fit! I'm jealous London always has the best looking guys!"

"Louise you're with Tom!" Gasped Amelia.

"I know, and I love him dearly. It doesn't mean I can't go out and look around at the dishy talent for my best friend!" 

"I'm not looking for a relationship Lou, I haven't even settled in yet!" Protested Amelia.

"Yes but you can still go out and have a look around. See what the shop has to offer. Shame he didn't leave his number." Sighed Louise pulling out her phone to message Tom. Amelia's eyes drifted off down the road Dom had rushed down wandering who he was. He was cute, she thought to herself, but what was the point even thinking about him when she knows she definitely wouldn't see him again. London was a huge city, so odds of her bumping into him was very rare. Louise broke the daydream by discussing the two day itinerary, which included a night out and a day of pampering. 

"Right we better go do some shopping for some killer outfits tonight!" Squealed Louise. She beckoned Amelia up with her finger, and linked arms with her as they traipsed out of the cafe to the shops. Two hours later they both returned back to the hotel and collapsed on the two double beds, shopping bags flying out of their hands as they did. 

"I'm exhausted." Yawned Amelia, dozing off into a nap. 

"Me too, but we can't nap we have to get ready for our night out!" Replied Louise throwing a golden silk pillow at Amelia's face, hitting her in the nose. 

"Ow! You know you didn't have to do that!" Amelia sat up rubbing her nose from the blow of the pillow. 

"No time for arguing, time for some tunes and to get ready." Said Louise enthusiastically, she jumped off the bed skipped to Amelia's bed and pulled her up. She turned on the flat screen TV to a music channel before popping open a bottle of champagne she retrieved from the small silver mini fridge underneath the TV. She poured out two glasses to the brim of the bubbling liquid, she took a gulp and started dancing throwing her from side to side. Amelia joined in giggling as she too, took a gulp from the delicate iridescent champagne flutes. 

The girls spent the next three hours laughing and giggling as they got ready. Finally finishing with Louise pouting in the mirror taking selfies and Amelia joining in, in the background pulling funny faces. They down the rest of their drinks before heading downstairs and summoning a taxi to deliver them at a bar a few roads away. The bar looked sleek and fancy, a simple square building covered in windows with multicoloured lanterns decorating the edge of the roof all the way around. Music was blaring, as people were dancing, laughing and chatting inside and outside. Louise and Amelia, paid the driver and stepped out, they walked up the decked stairs and stood on the decking outside looking around in amazement. 

"This place is awesome Lou!" Yelled Amelia as they headed inside towards the bar. 

"I told you I picked the best places!" She yelled back. "Hi there, please may I get two of your strongest but tastiest cocktails!" 

"Really Lou, starting off heavy already!" Amelia rolled her eyes as the bartender came back with two tall cocktail glasses filled with a rainbow concoction of a drink. She took a sip, and squinted her eyes from the sweet sourness of the alcohol. Louise laughed and guided them both to the dance floor.