Chapter 7 - New Track

Dom couldn't focus, his head was spinning from this afternoon's activities. He felt a connection with Amelia like he had never felt before in his life, a connection that made him want to explore more. It was late at night, and he hadn't left the studio, was stayed to take his mind off things and put it into his music. It was his favourite thing to do. 

"Dom I'm off for the night, don't stay too late you need to be up early tomorrow to rehearse with the lads okay." Gavin called, popping his head through the door. Dom was sat on a stool, one leg rested on the small glass table opposite, bags under his eyes, guitar in his hand. He nodded briefly before turning his head back to his guitar strumming it lightly. Gavin walked off, he worried about Dom sometimes. He put all his heart and effort into his music, he had never seen anyone more dedicated to music in his life. It was pleasant to see as a lot artists these days barely write their songs, but sometimes Dom could get too caught up in it. With the UK tour starting in a couple of weeks, he as worried that Dom would be burning himself out. 

Dom shook all the thoughts from today out of his head, he needed to focus on his music not Amelia. Music was the love of his life, and he didn't want to get distracted away from it. He started playing a few cords as his mind spiralled into the vibrations from the guitar. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sky was a dusty rose colour and the air was cool hitting Dom's face as he made his way back to the studio. He had left previously at 12AM, with the frustration of a mental music block preventing him from finishing the song he was working on. It was now 3AM and he was rushing back to the studio after successfully pushing through the block and finished the song. 

Adrenaline ran through his veins as he ran through the busy streets of London. Passing through crowds of drunken people, clumsily staggering to the chip shops to sober up their drunken states. 

"Sorry!" Apologised Dom as he bumped into a teenager who was struggling terribly to put his wooden fork full of chips into his mouth. Without looking back, he increased his speed to a quick run. The thought of the new song and the power of it excited him, the feeling of electricity flowed through his body. 

He bursted breathlessly through the studio door to the guys yawning, half asleep, laying on the sofas. 

"Dom, why have you got us up this early?! Don't you know what the time is? Couldn't this have waited for a couple more hours when we were coming in rehearse!?" Yawned Adam, stretching his legs over Michael. 

"Guys come on get up, this is so worth it! I have something to show you all! Exclaimed Dom as he jumped up on both of the lads. 

"Jesus Dom, that was amazing!" Gasped Michael. 

"Yeah mate, I didn't realise this was the song you were focusing on! It's fucking mental!" Adam grinned, standing up, embracing Dom into a hug before kissing him on the lips.

"Do you think if I talk to Gavin, he will let us use it in the upcoming tour as a surprise for the fans. They'd freak out?" Dom questioned, ruffling his messy hair. 

"Without a doubt mate, you have smashed it, this is your best song yet! He wouldn't dare say no!"

One o'clock hit, Dom and the boys had just finished playing the new song to Gavin. He stood there silently, thinking as he listened.

"So what do you think?" Dom asked nervously, fiddling with his bracelets. "Could we use it as a surprise song in the tour?"

"Of fucking course! How could we not!" Exclaimed Gavin. "Dom you've really outdone yourself! I'll email Amelia in a second and send over the new set list for her to prepare."