Chapter 5 - Coffee and facts

Dom and Amelia walked into the quiet cafe. There were only three tables that had existing customers on, they all were in their late 80's and didn't look away from their papers, and were murmuring to each other. Amelia walked past and heard one man talking to his wife of when they were teenagers and the chaos they used to cause. Amelia smiled to herself, she didn't have much luck with love but she loved the idea of fallen in love with someone that you had that electrical connection with.

"What's making you smile then, smiler?" Dom questioned looking down at Amelia and smirking. "Is it because you're with a rockstar like me?" He flicked his head to the side dramatically, causing his thick brown hair. Amelia laugh, he was quite a character for sure, she knew that when they would be working together properly, he was going to be quite a handful.

"Come on showoff let's go get a coffee, as seeming you've dragged us away from work." Amelia walked towards the counter and ordered an iced coffee, Dom ordered a hot latte. They took their drinks and headed over to a table in the corner away from everyone else. Dom sat admiring Amelia, she was very pretty and it was obvious she didn't know it. She had wavy blonde hair down to her shoulders, her eyes were a mesmerising ice blue and he swore sometimes they would change lighter or a darker shade when she was talking, she had a small pixie face with small features and a dainty button nose.

"So you've hijacked my laptop so we can go for a coffee and chat?" Amelia questioned, snapping Dom into reality. She took a sip of her drink her eyes questioning Dom. He was very attractive she thought to herself, thick brown hair that had a mind of its own, piercing green eyes, he had a strong and chiselled face with full lips and a snub nose, it was small and the tip slanted upwards slightly.

"Yes. As seeming we will be spending a lot of time together I think it is highly important that we get to know each other don't you?" He quizzed, taking a sip of his coffee. Amelia noticed his tattoos on his fingers, a black filled heart on his middle finger on his left hand and a broken black filled heart on the same finger on the opposite hand.

"You make a very good point Dominic. I'll ask the first question, you have two tattoos on your fingers, what do they mean?" Amelia asked, innocently looking into Dom's eyes. Dom smirked, her eyes were beautiful, he paused briefly thinking of how he would word his answer.

"They are a representation of me. The broken heart was me before I found myself and the whole one represents that I have found myself and who I want to be." He smiled looking down at the tattoos, Dom was really lost prior moving to London and becoming YUNGBLUD, the whole heart reminded him of how far he has come and all that is to come in the future. "An extra fact for you is that the whole one is on my left hand as I'm left handed." He smirked looking back up to Amelia.

"Very sentimental." She replied. She felt slightly uncomfortable at his answer, as she herself didn't understand herself or what she was doing and that scared her.

"Okay so where are you from originally, as though I have an accent, you definitely have one." Dom demanded, looking at Amelia puzzlingly. 

"I'm originally from Southampton, but I moved to Brighton for university and have lived there ever since." She replied.

"And what brought you to London? Did you not like it there?" He asked, observing her every move.

"No I loved it there, I moved for this job. It was such a great opportunity I couldn't miss out on it." Her heart sank as the memories came flooding back, the fresh salty sea, the seagulls calling out multiple times a day, the sweet smell of doughnuts cooking. Dom saw Amelia look down, her face dropping, he felt sorry for her, he could tell that she really loved her home. 

"I'm sorry, least you're not far away and can go back and visit your family." He responded, he gave her a sympathetic smile. Amelia didn't look up, she didn't have family, her only family was Louise. 

"What about you, where are you from?" She changed the subject subtly avoiding any family related questions. 

"Well I'm from Doncaster, but moved to London when I was 16 to fulfil my dreams of music and acting. I felt lost in Doncaster, I felt I couldn't be the person I am now." He sighed. "So I moved down, started a band with my friends and the rest is history." He smiled, his mind rested on the present and the future, the past was behind him and he felt that it was too early to dive into that subject with Amelia. 

They carried on asking each other questions favourite foods, colour, music, both laughing at each others embarrassing drunk stories. There was a connection between them and anyone walking into the cafe would be able to notice it from a mile off. 

"I can't believe you jumped off the DJ set and tried to crowd surf!" Dom exclaimed laughing at Amelia's drunken night out. Dom started laughing even more, making Amelia laugh. Unfortunately, she had a mouth full of coffee and the force of her trying to keep her laugh in was defeated. Coffee burst over the table as she let out a gut wrenching laugh, Dom laughed even more at the scene that just happened. 

"I'm so sorry!" Amelia apologised through tears of laughter. She reached out to grab a napkin in front of her at the exact moment Dom reached out. Their hands touched and a surge of electricity ran through the pair of them as if someone had just shocked them. They both stopped laughing, their eyes locked on each others. 

"My bad, it's fine I'll clear it up." Mumbled Amelia, quickly taking her eyes away and began clear up the coffee on the table. 

"So what about your parents how do they feel about you moving here, I bet they're so proud of you and the job you got!" Dom smiled. Amelia's eyes remained focused on the coffee, she sat in silence awkwardly clearing up the mess. 

"We should get back, otherwise Gavin will be wondering where we are." She cut, standing up and taking her laptop placing it carefully in her bag and swiftly made her way to the door. Dom was shocked by the abruptness of the end of the conversation, he could tell she didn't want to talk about her past. Without complaining he nodded, he took the cups back to the barista at the bar, tipped her and followed Amelia out the door. The rest of the walk back to the studio was pretty dead, both Amelia and Dom had thoughts running through their heads.