Chapter 5 - First Day

Amelia woke up to the sound of her alarm's piercing ring, she stretched her body down clicking her bones as she did. She rubbed her eyes and took in the surroundings around her, she had moved into her new apartment for about a week now, and still waking up every morning she wasn't used to her surroundings. The apartment was spacious, and had tasteful furnishings to make it feel more homely however, Amelia was still home sick. She checked the time on the digital clock sitting comfortably on her bedside table and saw it was 7:30 AM. 

After a quick shower, Amelia picked out her outfit for the day, it was the first day of her new job as an event manager for a record label and she wanted to make a good first impression. She picked out a pair of black skinny jeans, and a black buttoned 3/4 sleeve top with small white polkadots on, she paired it with a pair of black heels. She finished her hair and makeup, styling loose waves on her blonde hair, and did a smokey cat eye look before spraying her hair in place. She picked up her bag and passed through the kitchen grabbing her ready made coffee and a breakfast bar and headed out.

She arrived at the record label at 8:45 AM, rushing through the glass doors into the reception. The building was overwhelming with huge ceilings, a grey marble front desk with sophisticated plants placed carefully around the entrance, followed by a small water feature next to the reception desk. The receptionist behind the counter noticed the bewildered look on Amelia's face, briefly taking her eyes off of her computer she looked over to her. 

"Can I help you?" She questioned, scanning Amelia up and down. Amelia blushed red, as she walked over to the counter nervously, tucking her hair behind her ear. 

"Oh hi, sorry I'm a bit lost. It's my first day, I'm the new events manager I'm meant to be working on Gavin's team?" Amelia answered nervously, looking around to see for a sign to give her some direction. 

"Oh yes, you must be Amelia Waters." Stated the receptionist, looking over the desk providing Amelia with a patronising smile. "I shall let Gavin know that you have arrived, if you just head over to the lift and take it up to the 7th floor and wait in the corridor, he will be with you shortly." She directed, her eyes glued back to her screen as she type away, her long nails clicking against the keyboard. 

Amelia took her directions over to a silver metal lift and stepped inside, she noticed how many floors the building had before pressing the 7th floor and waited for the doors to slide shut. As the lift took off, she breathed calmly in and out to soothe her nerves. The doors opened on the 7th floor, revealing dark red painted walls covered in pictures of artists and a mixture of platinum and gold vinyl's. She stepped out and walked down the corridor taking in all the decor of artist pictures, she stood before some leather seats that were placed against the wall. She saw some artists she recognised such as Bring Me The Horizon and The Killers and many more however, on picture caught her eye. The black and white picture was of two guys playing their guitars facing each other, both looked like they were heavy in the moment. One of the boys had messy wavy hair that was all over the place, he was wearing a striped long-sleeved top with some black trousers and black high tops, the only bit of colour showing on him were his bright pink socks pocking over the top of his high tops. 

"Amelia, nice to finally meet you! I see you have noticed some of the artists we represent here at Interscope Records!" A tall guy said, walking towards Amelia with a big smile on his face. "Ah this particular artist is on of the people you will be helping me with , this is YUNGBLUD." He grinned. 

"Nice to meet you Gavin." Amelia politely smiled back. "I can't wait to start working with you, this is such a big opportunity I can't wait together started!" She grinned. 

"I like that attitude Amelia! Follow me to my office and I can give you a run down of everything, and you can meet Dom the artist you'll be working with!" He led Amelia down the hall pass a few meeting rooms with glass doors that were engaged with people in suits heavily in conversations. They stopped at the door at the very end of the room with a plaque baring Gavin's full name and title on it. He swiftly opened the door, allowing Amelia to enter first following closely behind. He walked towards his glass desk and sat in the leather chair behind it. "Please sit down Amelia, this is YUNGBLUD who is here to meet you and discuss his plans for this year. 

Amelia looked around and noticed the guy from the poster casually sat back in a leather chair in front of the desk, one leg crossed open on top of the other. He looked up and saw Amelia, and braced her with a cheeky grin before standing up and holding out his hand. 

"Hi Amelia, I'm Dom." He grinned. Amelia reciprocated his hand and shook it. 

"Hi nice to meet you." He looked at her puzzlingly. 

"Do I know you from somewhere? You look familiar, have you been to a couple of my shows at all?" He quizzed, frowning his eyebrows inwards as he tried to recall a memory of some sort. 

"No I haven't." She replied before sitting down before Gavin. 

"Well that will definitely be changing this year Amelia, you'll be following Dom and I around like crazy organising everything and making sure everything is running smoothly." Interrupted Gavin. "Now let's head into business, in a few weeks we will be heading around the UK attending some concerts and festivals, Amelia I have sent you over Dom's schedule, I would like you two in a few minutes to work out together the running of each of these events. Might be worth chucking in a few merchandising signing sessions after some festivals to, so Dom can meet briefly with fans." 

Amelia nodded, pulling out her phone and looking at the jam packed schedule Gavin had just sent her. Dom pulled his chair closer to her and peered over her shoulder taking in all the concerts and appearances he was going to be making. Gavin shortly after guided them out of his office and led them to a lounge room just round the corner before retreating back to his office. 

"Let's get fookin' started then!" Grinned Dom as he bounded over to the sofas and dived onto one before pulling himself up and sitting on the edge towards a small coffee table opposite. He turned his head around and saw Amelia stood there looking bewildered. "Come on I don't bite! I'm just always full of energy!" He grinned again hitting the empty spot next to him on the sofa, gesturing her to come sit next to him. Amelia walked over carefully, and took the vacant spot next to him, opening up her laptop bringing up his schedule. 

"So looks like you're going to be having a busy year!" Chuckled Amelia as she scrolled through the calendar noticing all the events. 

"Yeah I always make sure I have time for the fans and give them what they really want yannow!" Explained Dom as he ran his hand through his hair, Amelia glanced over and felt herself blushing as Dom looked back at her and smirked slightly. 

"That's so good of you, a lot of artists don't normally do that."

"Well I'm not like other artists, I'm YUNGBLUD, I'm a voice for the people. I want to make a difference and support everyone out there from this crazy ass world." He explained, his eyes still fixed on Amelia. Amelia blushed more as she felt his eyes scanning her face. "Anyway what brings you here, I can definitely tell you're not from around here." He smirked.

"And how do you know that?" Demanded Amelia, looking at him puzzlingly. 

"I can just tell. So tell me about you and how you got here." He smiled.

"We can't discuss that, we need to sort out your schedule!" Explained Amelia as she started typing on the laptop. 

"Oh no need to worry about that, that schedule is sorted. Gavin just wanted for us to meet today so I understand who will be chasing after me as I make havoc." He chuckled. "Come on lets go for a coffee and a chat." 

"I can't Dom, I'm working!" Explained Amelia as she carried on typing. Dom got up and headed over to Gavin's door, knocking on it loudly before bursting into the room. 

"Amelia and I are going for coffee, want anything?" Dom bellowed. 

"Nah I'm good, please don't drive her crazy Dom." He begged.

"I make no promises." Dom bit his tongue out before closing the door, he walked over to Amelia who couldn't help but chuckle. He closed the laptop lid and took it in his hands. 

"Dom that's my laptop I need that!" Amelia panicked, quickly standing up and walked towards him with her hands stretched out. 

"If you want it you have to come with me to get a coffee." He teased, beckoning her with the laptop down the hallway. Amelia chased him down the hallway and into the waiting lift where Dom stood holding the laptop hostage and smirking as she followed. "Trust me it will be fun!"