2🏁

My first patient for the day was this pretty 12 year old, Uriel who had a flu. I did what i had to and prescribed a few drugs and antibiotics for her to take. I had two more patients before lunch break. My favourite person walked up to my table during lunch break with wings from my favourite wing restaurant, Galitos. "Have I ever told you how lucky I am to have you" I told him. "Only everyday" he shrugged and took a seat by me. I punched him playfully. "Ouch! You know I love you too"
"Much better" I smiled biting into a wing."Mmmhmm" I moaned. Curtis hit my shoulder lightly and I opened my eyes to see people staring. I quickly mumbled a sorry and kept eating as he burst out laughing. I pouted at him and he changed the subject . We chatted for a while and then he took his leave. May I mention it's because a certain someone was walking our way. Curtis had the biggest crush on Tasha since I started working here but the sad part is she already has a boyfriend...poor Curtis. He's always been shy of her. We chatted for a while and I headed back to my office.
I opened Wattpad and opened WHEN LOVE MEETS DEATH by jeremyjab2 while listening to megatron by Nicki Minaj. I love that woman! I signed as I switched off my computer when I realised it was almost time to close. Everyone I knew wondered why I had chosen to do medicine while I was great in the beauty industry. I was the main reason why people patronized my cousin Talia's nail salon....I always attracted customers and the tips were amazing but I always wanted more.
Growing up I always watched those richer, older kids become whatever they wanted so I felt I had a lot to prove because I wasn't from those parts and I lived more of what people would say..."a ghetto life". So I wanted so badly to prove a point.
I drove home after I left the office. I met my mom, Nina in the kitchen humming lightly to herself. She looked so sad even though she tried to hide it by smiling when I greeted her..but she can't fool me. She and my dad were getting a divorce after 15 years of marriage. She found out he was cheating on her and his excuse was that the love had just died. He is my dad but I'm not proud of him. He's tried to contact us so many times but I don't want to see him. It just reminds me that he's the reason my mom is sad. I told her I was going to freshen up and she just nodded.

Thanks for reading. Please leave a vote and a comment too😃.
-love MARILYN.