5🏁

Dedicated to @Cwojo Berry and @josphineee03
So Friday in the afternoon here I find myself...in front of my cousin Talia's salon. I had been dragged along by Lynn, my other best friend, when she found out I was going on a date.She took me cos Curtis couldn't stand staying hours with me in a salon surrounded with so many women. She was so excited I thought SHE was the one going on the date not me. She insisted on me getting my hair and nails done..wow..she even agreed to pay. I opened the the door and heard the familiar jingle of the bell above them.
"Heyyyyy everyone" I greeted as we walked in. They either waved or responded back. Everyone who worked here knew me cos I used to work her myself except the new ones of course.
"Heyy Nataliaaaa!!" I said hugging her.
"Ughh you know I don't like you calling me by my government name."
"Yeah I know" I shrugged.
"Such a pain in the butt"she shook her head while finishing up a customer's makeup. I noticed I knew the customer, she was a regular here.
"Hi Ashanti" I waved at her.
She took the earphones out when she noticed me.
"Heyyyy Kayla long time no see" she responded.
"I know boo I've been busy with the hospital you know"
"You know? Imma  grow up and be like you one day"she smiled looking impressed.
I smiled at her.Ashanti is 18years and is verryyyy pretty.. I can see she has a bright future she should just stay away from those good for nothing hood boys she's been messing with. I used to do her nails when I worked here.
"Sooo Kayla what are you doing today?"  Talia asked pulling me out of my thoughts.
"Umm just my hair and nails" I answered.
"And makeup!" Lynn said
"Noooo...i'll ruin it when I bath"I whined and she nodded.
I honestly lost track of how many hours we spent there..I was just so happy we were done. Everyone kept complimenting how great I looked . Talia even refused to collect our money because of how good I looked. I thanked them all and we left. Lynn got her nails done too.

That evening😯
I don't know whether to feel tensed or nervous or sad..i guess I felt all of them . I get out of the shower my phone dinged meaning I have a message.

Dress casual
- Ishmael😍

I remember me taking his number ..I don't remember him taking mine. But after all he runs the hospital..he probably has all our numbers.
I look through my closet and put on a pink top, white blue jeans and a pair of my fav Nike sneakers. I made sure to take a couple of snaps to send to Curtis. Lynn was probably downstairs rummaging through my fridge like she always does..I really wonder how she keeps her figure when she does no exercise at all😩.
I make it downstairs after doing my hair and makeup. I had brown highlights at the tip of my black hair which complimented my eyes perfectly.
Dingggggg

And yea...the time read 8pm on the dot. How does he do it?

"Hey Kayla..you look umm..uh..beautiful" Ishmael said giving me a bouquet of flowers.He was dressed casually in a white top and jeans also wearing Nike.
"Aww for meeee?" I cooed. Of course for you ..don't be dumb. Jeez why am I acting so dumb. Why the hell am I nervous.
"Yea"he answered.
"Thanks a lot Ishmael"
"Trying to match me?" He asked cuuningly.
"Oh pa-lease mere coincidence " I responded heading back inside to place the flowers on the table.
"Please take care of them. Put them in a vase" I said to Lynn who was happily biting into a biscuit.
"Awww cute. I wanna meet him" she said getting up.
"Umm.. Ishmael this is Lynn, my girl bestfriend. Lynn, this is Ishmael , my boss" I said making the introductions.
Lynn giggled softly."Hey, just have her home by 10.30pm" she said showing us out. "Have an awesome night" she screamed and closed th door.
"I'm so sorry about her"I told Ishmael as we walked to his car.
"Don't worry,I like her..she seems..fun."he laughed
"Yeah she's happy I'm going out again. And cos she has my house to herself." I joined his laughter. His car was sleek i don't even have words to describe it.

 His car was sleek i don't even have words to describe it

He helped me into the car and got in. It was a twenty minute drive to the restaurant. And we got to know each other more during the drive. He told me he asked me to dress casual because we were going bowling afterwards.
Yes I beat him of course! We went 5 rounds and the last round broke our tie. He swore I just got lucky but I know I'm the best bowler like everrrrr😏.
"I really enjoyed myself tonight" I confessed to him on our way back to my house. He put is hand on my thigh and rubbed his thumb in circles.
"Me too Kayla. I'm definitely beating you next time" he responded.
"Next time?" I asked surprised.
"Yeah..I plan on taking you out on more dates...if that's ok with you..."he asked.
"I don't know Ishmael, I not really looking for anything yet"I told him truthfully.
"Don't worry, we'll take it slow, I promise" he said glancing quickly at me.
"Okay Ishmael "I smiled.
We finally got to my house and he glanced at the time.
"I have a feeling Lynn will haunt me down if I don't hurry up" he said jogging over to open the door for me.
I thanked him and he helped me out. "Goodnight Kayla" he said kissing my cheek.
"Goodnight Ishmael. Thanks for tonight." I replied feeling my face heat up.
"It is my pleasure trust me. I've always wanted to take you out and my dreams came true tonight" he said simply.
Our moment was interrupted by    Lynn opening the door .
"You did bring her back on time!" She said ignoring my stare. I swear sometimes she can so oblivious.
Ishmael chuckled "yes I did..I feared for my life. Goodnight both of you."
"Goodnight " we responded and headed inside.
OMG! WHAT AM I DOING!That's Ishmael! The hospital's most famous player. I'm not any more beautiful than all the other women he's tricked into sleeping with hmmn! Ughhhhhh! But he's really sweet too ..ughh God!
"Ok girl, spill!" Lynn screamed plopping down on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn.

Hello lovely people😁
What do you think so far. Should...
*Kayla give Ishmael a chance?
*Should she not?
*Should Lynn feel jealous about Kayla and Ishmael?
Shipnames?
Who likes Ishmael's car?😍
...yes they said a lot of goodbyes😂..it reminds me of someone.
Excuse my mistakes too😘

-love MARILYN.