8🏁

We moved to sit on a sofa in a fairly quiet corner in one of the halls. I don't really like talking about myself so I just listened to Andre tell me about himself since he insisted we got to know each other better. I found out his family owned a car dealership in town..so he was a car dealer himself. After a while,he excused himself to refill our cups ..I was so interested in was he was saying that I hadn't even noticed my cup was empty. Yes, I shouldn't have given my cup to someone I had just met shortly but you can say I wasn't really thinking and anything negative around him. I texted Lynn to find out how she was. She just told me not to worry and just to text if I wanted to go home.

I was about to switch off my phone when I heard some commotion a little distance away. I groaned when I realised it was Anthony staggering across the room trying to find his way. He's probably drank. I rolled my eyes. He bumped into a lady almost spilling her drink over her. She yelled at him and walked away fuming while he just shrugged and continued walking. His eyes lit up as soon as he spotted me and staggered towards me with a creepy smile.

"What a lovely coincidence. Well if it isn't the wonderful Kayla Darwin!" He said raising his voice a little while gesturing at me.

"What the hell are you doing here? Stop drawing unnecessary attention" I spat out at him.

"Well I'm happy to see you! Why don't you seem happy to see me?" He pouted cocking his head slightly at me, struggling to keep his balance.

"Because I DON'T . Now can you go away please" I begged him.I just wanted him gone before Andre got back.

"But I loveeee youuuu"he slurred.

"No you don't. You're just drunk." I told him shifting nervously.

"You still love me Kaylaaaa"he said propping himself by me.
I scrunched up my nose at the stench of him. He reeked of alcohol ...a smell I disliked so much, a reason why I kept out of bars.

He threw his arm around my shoulder leaning in to kiss me. I grabbed his heavy arm trying to get it off me and trying to distance myself, but as expected, he was much stronger.

"Let me go!" I said through gritted teeth and grabbed my purse , making an attempt to get up but he pulled me back down forcefully, tearing my beaded bracelet in the process. Man! I loved that bracelet! I thought as I angrily watched the beads fall to the floor. I bit my quivering bottom lip because I refused to cry. You're not weak. I reminded myself.

What the hell is taking Andre so long. Where's he when I need him.

"Get you hands off the woman. Don't let me get you arrested for abuse. Let her go! " A familiar deep voice sounded. Anthony loosened his grip a little and I snatched my hand free, got up and threw myself into Andre's arms. He patted my back softly as a tear slipped down my cheek.
"It's okay..I'm here now" he whispered.

"And who the fuck you supposed to be? " Anthony asked.

"Someone you realy don't want to mess with boy." Andre replied.

"Who the fuck you calling boy?" Anthony said getting up. "You over there touching my woman and now you're calling me boy?!" He said raising his voice and clutching his fists.

Andre held my hand softly and pulled me behind him.

"Don't fight him Andre" I whispered to him when I saw his also clench his fists. I stretched my free hand to cup his face softly and pulled him to look at me.
"Please don't do this Dre" I begged him looking right into his eyes again knowing how dangerous Anthony could get.

His gaze softened after I spoke and he nodded slowly.

"Stay away from Kayla or else trust me, you'll pay dearly" Andre warned him.
I tagged his hand softly and he mugged Anthony one more time before turning away to face me.

"Let's go" I whispered. I took a look at his pathetic self before turning away and leaving with Andre.

"You couldn't even get yourself a real man Kayla! Let him come back and fight me, I'm right here!" He yelled after us.
I rolled my eyes at his foolishness as we entered the back garden of Pablo's house.

"I'm so sorry about Dre" I apologised looking down at my feet once we were outside.
He used his index finger and thumb to lift my head slowly up.

"Don't be embarrassed Kayla.He should be sorry he made such a fool out of himself. Lemme guess, an ex?" Andre asked

I nodded. "Hey, talk to me okay? I'm not gonna judge you"

"Okay. He's my ex boyfriend. He isn't always like that...but when he drinks, no matter how small, he becomes this horrible beast. I broke up with him when I couldn't bear it anymore. I also found out about two days later that he had been cheating on me. So I guess it was just really over at that point. I know you didn't expect me to have been with such a loser..but then he was so sweet-" I told Andre.

"Hey, like I said, I'm not here to judge you Kayla. But at least you cut him out of your life" he interrupted.

"Oh! And thanks for saving me back then " I told him.

"Do you remember the promise I made to you?" When I nodded, he continued"I plan to keep it at all times. I never want to see you scared or vulnerable. And I'm never gonna make you feel that way, ever" he assured me.

"Kayla!! I've been looking for you all over !" A hysterical Lynn walked towards me with Pablo closely at her heels. I cut her off by bear hugging her.
"Well,you found me now!" I smiled , happy to see her.
"Who's that"she whispered.
"Oh! Lynn, this is Andre, Andre, this is Lynn, my bestfriend and with her is Pablo" I said making the introductions.

"I thought you hadn't come" Pablo said to Andre.

"Oh you two know each other?"I asked.

"Yeah, me and Pablo go way back" he replied and then turned to Pablo "I was gonna come look for you man but this house is huge..and I got a little sidetracked " Andre said directing Pablo's eyes to me when he said the last part.

"It's okay...I understand your distraction, she's quite a beauty"Pablo smiled at the hint.

Lynn winked mischeviously, making me laugh.

"How about we all catch up over another round of drinks?" Pablo suggested.

"Woooe! I think I'm done for the night. What about you Lynn?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm sorry Pablo, gotta agree with Kayla. I'm exhausted. I've had a lovely time though"

"Okay then, we'll just see you both off then"Andre suggested.

"Yeah, let's go , my feet are hurting" I whined.

"Okay..I'll carry you" Andre said.

"What? Noooo-" My protesting was cut off by him picking me up bridal style following behind Lynn and Pablo.

"Andre! Put me down..come onnnn..I can walk I promise." I complained, but he wasn't listening.

"Shhhh...we're almost there"  he replied as we reached the driveway. Lynn unlocked the door and Andre placed me in the passenger seat.

"Thank you Andre , even though I could walk"

"You're welcome. You're much lighter than you look..you know? Man, those thighs alone look-"he stopped and licked his lips.
I hit him lightly on his shoulder to prevent him from completing the sentence.

"Hey! Okay...this is what I get for carrying you" he feigned hurt and pouted.

"Sorry!"I giggled. We watched each other in comfortable silence with the moonlight as our only light.
He started to lean in slowly while looking into my eyes. I'm sure my heartbeat quickened every second he did. Then a cunning thought came into my head........

TBC🙃

Hope you liked it
-love MARILYN.