4🏁

After the meeting ended my friend, Maria, another doctor told me Ishmael wanted to see me. I cursed under my breath and faked a  smile while walking towards him. Ishmael was the Director of the hospital ..he was a VERY charming man..but once again like the many men I know...he is a player. He is strikingly attractive and he used that to his advantage. He ALWAYS had women falling head over heels for him. Ishmael had been trying to get into my pants since he employed me but I kept ignoring him..after all I knew his ways.He dismissed the person he was talking to when he saw me approaching  "Kayla..you look stunning as always" he said
"Thank you Ishmael"
"I was actually wondering if you would like to go to dinner with me on Friday?"he asked looking directly at me.
"Uumm..actually me and my boyfriend have something planned.." I told him diverting my eyes.
"You don't have a boyfriend"he simply stated. The audacity😒
"Whaaaattt...I absolutely do" I replied nervously
"Mmm-hm..I know you don't , I asked Maria". Shit I mentally facepalmed.
"Text my your address, I'll pick you up at 8" he smiled warmly and started to walk away. He paused at the door and turned back ."I think you forgot something"
"What might that be" I tried to contain the annoyance in my voice.
"My number. Oh! I'll just type it for you" he said taking the phone from my hands. I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes at him. Can you imagine what he saved it as? Ishmael😍

"Have a nice day Kayla" he kissed her hand and flashed his signature smile before he left.flirt.

I hurried back to my office ."I'm sorry for making you wait for so long" I said once I opened my door. I noticed a little boy sitting on one of the blue sofas and was playing with the teddy bear. His father looked up from his phone and if I had no better training my jaw would have dropped to the floor. I do not exaggerate ... I repeat.. I do not exaggerate when I say the man is handsomeeee.😩.Not just handsome, he looked like he was specially manufactured the day God was verrryyyy happy. I've honestly never met a guy so stunning. I noticed that he had a diamond earring in his pierced left ear. His son was a perfect carbon copy of him.
"Don't worry about it. I'm Andre" he said smiling at me. I nodded for my words suddenly decided to desert me. "Who is this cute little guy here?" I squated down beside him.
"I'm not little" he said with an attitude before folding his arms but his face scrunched up once his arms touched his stomach.
"Correct yourself boy" his dad said laughing a little. "I'm sorry "he mumbled. "It's ok"
"I'm JaKory."
"Ok JaKory! You've earned a lollipop for telling me your name" I said handing him a blue one cos I guessed he liked blue since he was wearing blue shoes and sitting on the blue coach.
"Hey thanks. I've never gotten a lollipop here before" he beamed.
"You're welcome . I'm the only one who gives them out..shhhh..it's our secret" I winked.
"Dad she's special I've never gotten a lollipop before" he said to his dad.
"I guess so " Andre replied sending me a warm smile. I swear my heart did a little somersault.
"Ok JaKory! What's wrong with you?"  I asked rubbing my hands together
"My tummy hurts" he whined.
"He started complaining about it yesterday" Andre said.
"You should have brought him earlier don't you think?" I asked.
"I was busy and his mom wasn't around so I gave him some milk." He said frowning a little.
"Ok I understand. Is he already on any other medication?"
"Nope...not that I know of" he shook his head.
I opened JaKory's file and went through. He was 4 years old.
"Ok I'll run some few tests on him". After the tests were ready, I prescribed a few drugs for him.
"Okay buddy. So I'm sure you like the colour blue right?" He nodded.
"Alright, so I asked my special fairy to made your pills blue. But you gotta promise me you'll take them or she'll be very very sad. So you promise you'll take it?"
"I promise" he said excitedly
"Okay good! Now gimme five" he connected his small palm with mine and I pecked it.
I stood up facing Andre and gave him the prescription. "The pharmacy is downstairs. Please make sure he takes them at the right time and especially when he's eaten"
"Thank you." He said to me and turned to face JaKory. "What do you say to Dr. Darwin?" He said.
"Oh please..call me Kayla" I told him
"Beautiful name which matches its owner " he said with a warm smile and I returned the smile.
"THANK YOU DR. DARWINNNNN" JaKory screamed happily.
"You're welcome JaKory" I said.
"Like my daddy said, you're very beautiful"he winked. My mouth hang open and Andre burst out laughing.
Like father like son.I  shook my head.
"Thank you JaKory. I'll see you next week ok?"
He nodded so quickly ,I thought his head would come off. "Thank you Kayla, my son's really happy and that makes me happy" Andre said to me.
"It's my job and my pleasure" I said opening the door for them.
"Bye beauttifulllll" JaKory said and run out of the room you wouldn't even think he was sick and had his dad chasing after him.
I shook my head in amazement.
He's going to be a heartbreaker.

Ok! What do you think so far about...
*Kayla?
*JaKory?
* Andre?
*Ishmael?

Leave a comment and a vote and share my book. Thankssss
-love MARILYN.