11🏁

I just got off the phone with Curtis ...being the awesome best friend I am, I was helping him study😌. I got up lazily to brush my teeth in the bathroom and then finished all my other hygiene business. Something struck me as I walked by my office bag, the note!. And at that very moment my sleepiness had vanished. I retrieved the piece of paper from my bag and sat down on my bed to read it.

It was a love poem😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊..I didn't even know he wrote poems. Is that why he asked if I was a poet at the party? 🤔

It was a deep and passionate poem about meeting a beautiful woman and how he admired her and wanted her to feel the same way about him. I'm not gonna show it to you😋😋😉

I felt butterflies in my tummy as I read it. It was so passionate and I was very impressed. At that point, I was wondering whether to call him to tell him I had found it or wait for him to ask.
*ring ring ring*

I was pulled out if my thoughts at the sound of my phone ringing. "Think" of the devil.
Oh God I'm so nervous..how am I gonna talk???  I freaked out a little wondering he'd ask what I thought about the poem. The call's gonna end!

"Hey!I managed to say when I picked the call.

"Yeah, Kayla, umm..I was just checking up on you. Hope you're good even though I saw you ..you know today" he replied.

I cleared my throat slightly "That's thoughtful..yeah..I'm good ...what about you...and JaKory?" I asked.

"We're good . He's out with his mom right now" he replied.

"Ohok . Umm..how's work" I asked nervously playing with my teddy bear.

"Business is good, hope it stays that way too" he said. I could tell he was smiling.
The conversation went on for like 25 minutes before we both decided it was time for bed.

"Don't wanna keep you up any longer even though I enjoyed our conversation" he said chuckling.

"Yeah" I sighed. "Don't wanna keep you up too. Say hi to JaKory as soon as you see him"

"Okay I promise I will" he said.

"Okay" I nodded.

"Goodnight beautiful" he said.

"Oh come on you know my name" I smiled.

"Yeah I know it...just like calling and reminding you what you are" he replied .

"Goodnight Dre" I said feeling the butterflies in my tummy once again.

He didn't talk about the poem! 😩. Was I not supposed to see it? Was I? I'm confused. Sigh!

Weekend

I passed by Nathan who's busily watching a game with two of his friends in the hall and straight into the kitchen. The fridge was almost empty and I was starving. Mom was away at her sister's house for the weekend so we were on our own. Nathan and I just shuffled the cooking between ourselves cos neither of us liked cooking. I sighed making it back upstairs...guess I'm just gonna have to go grocery shopping. I got into my car and headed towards the town's major shopping centre to buy a few items.

Need some few tomatoes for the sauce. I wheeled my cart over and picked some tomatoes and other veggies. I picked up a few drinks too.

"Kayla?" A voice interrupted my selection of drinks to buy.

"Andre? I didn't think of you as a shopper or you're just stalking me?" I said turning to face him. He just laughed. He was casually dressed with a very pretty woman beside him. She eyed me curiously as me and Andre exchanged pleasantries.

"Umm..Kayla, this is Trinity, JaKory's mom. Trinity, this is Kayla, my friend" Andre introduced us. Obviously they're not together.
I smiled and waved at her but she just said a curt hi and tagged on Andre's arm.
"Can we go now ..my feet hurt and I have a nail appointment" she batted her eyes at him.

He nodded. "Um..Kayla nice running into you here. I'll text you later."

"No you're gonna be watching your son not texting no bitc-" Trinity interrupted saucily.

"Trinity!" Andre said sternly.

"What?" I boldly asked putting my left hand on my hip.

"Before I was cut off by Andre, I was saying he's not going to text you...you know what you are honey" she said eyeing me distastefully.

"Look I don't know who you think you are but you definitely not calling me a bitch" I told her.

Andre gripped Trinity's arm when she made an attempt to reply.

"I'm sorry about her Kayla...I'll talk to you later okay?" He said and dragged her away. I nodded and waved him.

I shook my head in disgust. I can't believe a woman with a badly stitched weave could call me out as a bitch. She better think about that horrible hair. She'd definitely ruined my mood.

Later that night.

Andre💎《hey...I'm sorry about what happened earlier today》8:49pm

Me《It's ok..it wasn't your fault anyways》8: 50pm

Andre💎《still feel bad tho😔》8:50pm

Me《hey..it's cool. Why doesn't she like me tho? She only just met me》8:51pm

Andre💎《i think she's might be jealous》8:52pm

Me《whyyyy???🤔》8: 53pm

Andre💎《maybe bcos she knows you're THE Kayla》8:54pm

Me《THE Kayla??🤔》8:54pm

Andre💎《..the Kayla JaKory likes and alllwaaayys talks about.......the one I like too😕》8:55pm

Me《oh really?😃》8.56pm

Andre💎《yeah..really》8.57pm

Me《hmm...I see. Just don't want any bad blood btn me and her since we might be seeing a lot of each other. I'm not up for unnecessary drama》8.57pm

Andre💎《there won't be...》8.59pm

Me《okayyy. Wait where's Ja?》9.00pm

Andre💎《safe...he's with my sister Ashanti》9.00pm

Me《i know an Ashanti🤔》9.01pm

Andre💎《tall, slim, pretty?》9.02pm

Me《yeah....extremely pretty. Be she doesn't look like you🤔》9.03pm

Andre💎《we're half siblings. I'll ask her if she knows you》9.04pm.

Blah blah blah 😩😩😂

Hey! What else do you think should happen in the story? I'm open to ideas😁
-love MARILYN.