3. maya the great friend

MAYA  
THE GREAT FRIEND

THE SCHOOL DAY just ended and Maya had done everything in her power to avoid Cole

THE SCHOOL DAY just ended and Maya had done everything in her power to avoid Cole. Successfully. Not once did he try to talk to her or even come near her. Well, Maya wouldn't be honest if she didn't believe Steve had something to do with it.

He spent the day with her, never once leaving her side. He didn't know why he decided to stick with her like glue but he felt like something wrong would happen if he ever let her alone for longer than a minute. So he ate lunch with her, walked her to class, asked her to come watch him and the boys practice and stayed in the stands when she had her track training.

And people noticed. They noticed how Steve cared and made sure he gave her some space, how he yelled proudly when she won her race, even though it was just a practice, they noticed that Maya sat in his car at the end of the day, that they left together, as if they were best friends.. or more. And Cole had to watch all of this happen in front of him, when he should be the one doing all of this with her. But, instead of feeling bad for his actions from the past night, he was fuming. All he wanted was to come face to face with Steve and knock him out of the park.

But he couldn't do it in front of everyone. So he watched Steve drive away, with Maya by his side.

"Okay, so, Steve," Maya started, "For being the greatest person ever and baring with me all day, I'll do something for you."

Steve looked at the girl in a funny way, "I didn't do this for a favor, you know."

"Yeah, I know." Maya replied, "But, since you messed up big time with Nancy and Jonathan.."

"Jonathan ?! No, he is the one who messed up my face !"

"He was only protecting Nancy."

Steve growled as he drove a little faster.

"You'll go apologize to him, tonight." Maya stated, causing Steve to stop the car in the middle of the road.

"What the hell, Ma-"

"Shush," she interrupted, "I didn't ask for your opinion. And I'm coming with you."

Steve rolled his eyes and barked when a car honked behind them, "You wanna come to make sure I'm going ?"

Maya shrugged, "Yeah.. And also because it's a bit a kink of mine to see two guys hugging and looking cute and making ou—"

"Maya !" Steve yelled, mixed from laughing and disgust.

The girl lit a cigarette and opened the window, letting the wind caress her face as her hair flew all over the place, her laughter filling the car softly, Steve shaking his head in despair even though he couldn't stop himself from smiling. This girl was a real spectacle, he kept thinking, and he couldn't believe he would actually go talk to Jonathan because Maya had ordered him to.