6. steve the party pooper

STEVE
                       THE PARTY POOPER

MAYA APPLIED RED LIPSTICK and popped her lips together, content with the final look

MAYA APPLIED RED LIPSTICK and popped her lips together, content with the final look. She decided to recreate one of Cyndi Lauper's looks, only make it her style. She wore a white bandeau top with high waisted denim mid-length shorts and a leather jacket. She had curled her hair and put some hoop earrings as she completed the look with her usual red converses. She would never throw these shoes away, she loved them too much.

She went to the party with Steve and Nancy but let them for a little alone in the car as she walked in the house, which was already full. She recognized many faces but she didn't want to engage a conversation with any of them, so, instead, she grabbed a cup and searched for the beer keg.

Maya raised an eyebrow as Billy was above it, drinking as much beer as he could. He wore a leather jacket but seemed to have forgotten about the 'mandatory' shirt under. Crossing her arms on her chest, she enjoyed the show while it lasted as the boys put Billy down.

"We got ourselves a new keg king !" Tommy yelled as everybody cheered.

Tommy gave Billy a cigarette as the blonde boy noticed Maya standing in front of him. He blew the smoke at her face and she shook her head with a smile.

"Hey, there, Maya," Billy said as he checked her out quite clearly. "Looking good."

Maya chuckled as she put some beer in her cup,     "Hey, Billy. Thanks. Looks like you forgot your shirt, though."

"That's because I knew you were coming tonight."

Maya snorted before swallowing the cup in one shot, causing the boy to raise his eyebrows in surprise.

"You're a fast drinker, damn."

"Yeah, she's the fastest girl in Hawkins," Tommy said, "Absolutely unbeatable."

"Yeah, I even drink faster than you, Tommy," Maya added as all the boys around laughed.

Tommy started talking, probably to give himself some credit but Maya found herself absorbed by something happening behind them.

Cole was sucking face with Natasha as he grabbed some other girl's ass at the same time. Maya groaned and filled her cup a second time, as Billy had followed the girl's gaze to see what had taken her smirk away. He narrowed his eyes, watching the girl drink her second cup even faster, already filling it a third time.

Now, all the boys were encouraging her as she kept going, a small circle forming around the girl. She let herself be cheered on and drank ten cups in less than two minutes, throwing the red cup to the ground as a sign of defeat. Her latest record was eight. She barely listened to all the applauses and people chanting hers and Billy's names, since they had both broken a record, and made eye contact with Cole.