Chapter 021

My eyes flutter open and I find myself in the Wheeler's basement with Nancy leaning over me.

"Hi," I smile weakly, "You're pretty."

Nancy chuckles quietly, "And you've lost a lot of blood. You're lucky I made an A in Home Ec. Otherwise, you'd look like Frankenstein's monster."

I look at my arm to see that the tile is no longer there, but somebody had sewn it up with a needle and thread, "Wow. That's so badass..."

Nancy nods and wraps a bandage around my arm. We sit in silence as she works on my arm until I speak up, "Hey, Nancy?"

"Yes, Y/N?"

"I'm sorry about what happened with Steve. I know that it was a long time ago and all, but I'm still sorry."

"It's okay."

"M'kay. That's good," I sit up suddenly, realizing that I don't see the kids, "Where are my children? Steve's gonna be mad that I lost them. He's such a good mom. He'd never lose them."

Nancy laughs, "They're all upstairs eating breakfast. Get some rest. We have a lot to talk about."

//Timeskip//

"It was the same thing," Nancy continues, "The exact same thing that happened to Will last year. And look at this," she points at the paper on the table, "Look at the body temperatures."

"He likes it cold." Will mumbles.

"Okay, so this crazy old woman who was eating fertilizer—"

Nancy interrupts Mike, "Mrs. Driscoll."

"Right, yeah, Mrs. Driscoll. What time was this attack?"

"Last night."

"Right, but what time last night?"

"Around 9:00."

"You waited all night to call?" Jonathan asks Nancy.

Nancy shrugs, "I was waiting for the doctors to run some tests."

"You weren't there?" Will questions his older brother.

Jonathan raises his hands in frustration, "Well, I'm here now, aren't I?"

Nancy scoffs, "Hallelujah!"

"Ooh!" I exclaim, and everyone turns to look at me, "Sorry. Blood loss."

"Um, so, wha— what time was your...sauna test?"

"Around 9:00." The kids and I answer in unison.

"Well, that proves it. That proves my theory."

Mike nods, "She's flayed, just like Billy."

"Flayed?" Jonathan asks.

"The Mind Flayer. He flays people. Takes over their mind. Once they do that, they basically become him."

"If there are two flayed..." Lucas trails off.

"We have to assume there's more." Will finishes.

"Heather." El says, "Billy was doing something to her. She was scared. She was screaming. Bad screams."

"What's a good scream?" Lucas questions.

"Max said—"

Max cuts her off, "Doesn't matter."

"I'm sorry, I'm lost. Who is Heather?" Nancy asks.

"She's a lifeguard at the pool. She works with me and Billy." I answer, "It's Heather Holloway."