Chapter 024

I run down the escalator and pull Dustin into a hug, "You scared the hell out of me."

He hugs me tighter and then pulls away and runs to El and Mike, "You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel."

I walk over to Steve, "Holy shit. What happened to your face? Jesus, Steve, Do you gotta get in a fight every single time we do this?"

Steve smiles, "Move in with me."

"What?"

"Come on, Y/N. I've spent the last week trying to build up the courage to ask you, and every time I almost ask, something gets in the way. So now that nothings in the way, move in with me."

"Steve, are you kidding me? That's what you've been wanting to ask me? I basically already live at your apartment."

"W-Well, yeah, but not officially."

"Fine, then I'll move in officially."

"Really?"

"Really." I go to kiss Steve but he backs away.

"Yeah, I've spent the last 30 minutes throwing up, so..."

I nod and pull him into a hug, "I'll kiss you when you brush your teeth then.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas asks Erica when Steve and I pull away.

"Asks them," She says pointing at Steve and Robin, "It's their fault."

Steve nods, "True, yeah. Totally true. It's absolutely our fault."

"I don't understand what happened to that car." Robin states.

"El has superpowers." Dustin explains.

"I'm sorry?"

"Superpowers," Steve shrugs, "She threw it with her mind. C'mon, catch up."

"That's El?" Erica questions, smiling at Eleven.

"Who's El?" Robin asks.

"I'm sorry," Nancy starts, "Who are you?"

"I'm Robin. I work with Steve."

Dustin nods, "She cracked the top secret code."

"Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians in the first place." Steve adds.

"Russians?" Jonathan questions, "Wait, what Russians?"

"The Russians!" Steve points to the dead guys on the ground.

"Those were Russians?" Max asks.

"Some of them." Erica shrugs.

"Did you hear our code red?" Dustin questions.

"Yeah. We couldn't understand half of what you were saying." Mike answers.

"Goddamn low battery."

Steve sighs, "How many times do I have to tell you with the low battery?"

"Well, everything worked out, didn't it, Steve?"

"Worked out?" I scoff, "You almost died!"

"Yeah, but we didn't, did we?"

"It was pretty damn close."

"Okay, Russians?" Lucas starts, "As in, they're working for the Russian government?"

Dustin nods, "What are you not comprehending? Am I not speaking English? We have a full-blown Red Dawn situation."

"So this has nothing to do with the gate?" Max asks.