𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬

PLEASE FORGET ME NOT,
I WANT YOU TO REMEMBER.

PLEASE FORGET ME NOT,I WANT YOU TO REMEMBER

math class was a breeze. alejiah would always get her work done in the first twenty minutes and watch netflix for the rest of the 65 minute class. her professor gave zero fucks because 1. he was mad chill, 2. she was a straight A student. what did he have to worry about? she really didn't mess around with anyone in this period anyway. there was some people that were just too much for this damn school.

she was sucked into an episode of girls incarcerated before she noticed a small brown lady come into her spacious classroom. she wore a hijab and some mickey mouse scrubs, alejiah assumed she was the school nurse. she watched her and professor goldsberry mingle and she handed the dark man a slip of paper. he typed whatever was on it into his desktop. he then made eye contact with alejiah and motioned her to come to the front of her class.

"are you fucking serious.." she murmured before picking up her laptop & backpack and walked heavily towards the two adults who were staring her down. "i never do anything, bro."

"honey, i'd like you to come with me. you're not in trouble, just a little incident occured and you could be a big help," the lady kindly asked. "we can discuss the situation in the trip back to my office."

"you're the nurse, right?" the pretty woman responded with a simple nod. that nod is what made alejiah worrisome. she wasn't sure why they would need her in the nurse's office unless amir or malia was ill or hurt, but those two were both very independent when it came to instances like getting sick or injured, so what was the problem?

they walked out of the classroom and began their mildly long walk to the office.

"so alejiah, i have a young man in my office that sprung his ankle and he needs help getting back to his dorm, he says he knows you."

"what's his name? wait what's your name? i'm sorry." she let out a childlike giggle.

"my name is ms. izara, my last name's hard to pronounce so i just use my first instead," alejiah only kept her head down because she didn't ask for this life story. "and the boy's name is jaxon louis, you know him?"

fudgesicles.

"o-oh yeah. that boy is..something else." she was shocked she wasn't ready to see him yet. she wasn't dressed right
and wasn't expecting to see him until friday. he was already fucking with her head after less than two weeks.

"you walked all this way, miss? you coulda just called the class."

"phones are down...and here we are, sweetie."

alejiah walked into the nurse's office with her heart beating at a thousand miles per hour, she was actually very nervous.

"beds are all the way in the back, alejiah!" ms. izara shouted from her desk.

she strolled to the door and popped it open. there laid the handsome boy with a tan wrap on his ankle and his foot. he was asleep and he had never looked so precious to her. she was catching real feelings for the kid.

she tiptoed around the room, finding a seat and a place to put her stuff down, trying not to make a sound. her plan was going well until her binder slid off the chair next to her, slamming onto the ground.

jaxon fluttered his brown eyes open to hear alejiah whisper "shit" and he let out a chuckle because she was just so cute.

"hey jiah," jax mumbled lowly, startling the brownskin girl a little bit. "thanks for coming."

"fuck, i didn't mean to wake you up," she replied, walking towards the narrow bed in the middle of the room.

"it's okay, it's okay," he soothed.

"you couldn't ask your roommate?"

"well, he never woulda shown up, he's a bitch, but—," he put his hand over hers, "i didn't wanna wait till friday to see your pretty face."

alejiah blushed.

"oh, um, thank you jax, i guess you a lil' bit, too, maybe," she smiled at him and they both giggled.

"i'm just really happy you came, was slightly worried you wouldn't," he looked down at their hand that were still touching and finally intertwined his fingers in hers.

"i'm not the type of girl to just leave a nigga hanging, lova," she put her other hand on top of both theirs, "especially one i might like more than others."

those words last shook jaxon to his core.

"i might like you, too, jiah," he smiled, picking up their hands and placed a small kiss to alejiah's knuckles.

this was the first moment there was actual clarity between their two minds, their two hearts. happily, they could spend time together without confusion and tension getting in the way. maybe they could really work. alejiah was a sweetheart, she may have been a freak who got down a lot, but jaxon made her feel like home. he was a pretty face with a big heart and it constantly felt like he was giving his entire soul to only her. they only met weeks ago, it hadn't even been a month, but they felt like they had known eachother forever.

"do you think we could be something, like more than this?" jaxon asked, staring at her with big maple syrup eyes.

"y'know, all this cutesy shit we've been doing, i never do this with boys. especially white boys in all honesty, my daddy is pretty old fashioned."

"well i don't have to be white i can be blue or green or burgundy."

"no babe, it's okay," she chuckles, squeezing his hand tighter, "you don't have to change for me at all. i do wanna try and be more than this and i wanna do it with you."

"you gotta promise me that you won't dip on me again."
he sticks out his pinky. "pinky promise?"

"pinky promise."

they both gave their thumbs a kiss before letting go. alejiah gathered his & hers things to bring back to his dorm.

sorry for any errors, i didn't check for em.