𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU
<3

it was evening the next night and alejiah's parents would arrive at any moment now

it was evening the next night and alejiah's parents would arrive at any moment now. jaxon stayed with the worrisome girl and tried to calm her down as much as possible, though he was worried, too. they sat on her bed for literal hours, him occasionally getting up to get snacks but otherwise just cuddling. a few times they'd ended up smothering eachother with kisses for 10 minutes straight, jax able to taste her salty tears on her lips.

"i'm gonna be here the whole time and we can go to my dorm if anything horrid happens." jaxon assured her.

"what do you mean 'horrid'"?

"i don't know how bad this is gonna get, jiah."

she smiled for the first time in hours. "you're so fucking cute, baby, just stop it." she slapped his chest, laughing softly.

"i'm sorry," he giggled along with her, giving her a kiss on her forehead.

finally, she got a text.

💙 - We're outside your door.

"dammit." she got up from the bed. jaxon started to get up, but alejiah pushed him back down immediately. "stay here, jaxon, okay? you'll know if i need you." she gave him a quick peck before sluggishly walking to her front door.

"hi momma, hi daddy." she said as they barged into her dorm.

"let's get straight to the point, alejiah." he and her mother, tamiya, sat down on her couch, leaving alejiah standing. she could see the way her father moved so heavily through the room and it made her sick to her stomach trying to imagine the words that would come out of his mouth. "now what did i tell you from the day you started liking boys, from the day you told me that you had your first crush?"

"that if you saw me with any man other than one of our skin color, you'd be very disappointed in me."

"that's not all that i said. what else?"

"that i couldn't come around anymore. that you wouldn't let me come home anymore." tears again welling up in your eyes.

"exactly. so i wanna know why you must think it's funny to call this cracker ass boy your boyfriend!" he stood up from his cushion.

"ruben, the names aren't necessary," tamiya stepped in.

"sorry honey, i'm just tellin' it how it is."

jaxon was listening through the walls now.

"i don't think it's funny daddy. this isn't a joke!"

"then explain to me why right now!"

"because it's my life! i get to make my own decisions despite what you say or think about it! i'm sorry daddy but i'm not little anymore and i don't need to follow your guidelines to life. you have no idea what i've put him through and still how he's stuck by me. he's been my best friend, daddy. he loves me and i finally love him, too, and if that means that i can't come home anymore then fuck it! i'm staying with jaxon. i thought since i was finally happy and not fucking everyone in the school that you would be happy for me too, but i guess not." she bursted into tears covering her face. jaxon immediately came through the door and wrapped her securely in his arms as she trembled. ruben stormed out of the dorm, shaking his head.