𝐨𝐡 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤

LOOK,
DADDY...

alejiah sat alone in her dorm doing calculus homework, waiting for jaxon to come and chill with her

alejiah sat alone in her dorm doing calculus homework, waiting for jaxon to come and chill with her. they were truly progressing as a couple and alejiah was ecstatic.

as she finished up a problem, her phone rang, and a familiar face and name came onto her screen. oh god.

she took a deep breath and accepted the call.

"hi daddy."

"hey baby, how's my little girl doin'?" alejiah's father, ruben, wore a perfect smile seeing his beautiful daughter on his phone screen.

"i'm good daddy. how are you and momma?" she chuckled at how he hadn't changed one bit.

"we miss you, babygirl." his face and tone quickly changed, sounding like he was about to cry. "took me a while to figure out this bullshit. i hope you're having fun and still doing good in school. so you still remember our little handshake?"

"of course i do." she giggled at his smile. "i miss y'all, too." she bit her lip. tearing up a little bit because of how much she missed her parents. they were her rock before jax came along and she hasn't called in while. "is there something you need?"

and then jaxon came into her bedroom.

"hey baaaabyy, oh my god you look so sexy." he came behind her chair and peppered kisses all over the side her face and neck until she pushed him away.

"who the hell is that?!?"

jaxon hadn't even noticed the camera until her father said something. he immediately knew who he was because he spoke just like the girl sitting in front of him. he slowly backed out of the camera's view.

"alejiah neli thibideoux, you better tell me what that white boy is doing in your goddamn bedroom right now!" her father shouted through the phone.

"daddy calm down please." she paused, tearing up again because she hated when he yelled at her, especially because she was a daddy's girl. "i have something to tell you." she said very softly.

"you better speak up before i come through this phone, alejiah!"

"he's my boyfriend, daddy."

"don't play no fuckin' games with me, alejiah! you said he's your what?!"

"my boyfriend."

there was a long pause. jaxon sat on her bed uncomfortably.

"why?"

"because i love him." she sniffled, tears streamed down her face profusely.

"you know what, we're not doing this over the phone. your mother and i will be coming to visit by night tomorrow. you better have an real explanation for this shit." he abruptly hung up the call.

alejiah quickly covered her tear-stained face with her hands and sobbed harder than ever before. she knew the day would come, but she didn't think it would be so soon. she wanted to be able to tell him when she was ready, but she knows shit doesn't work out like that, especially for her. she didn't wanna choose between the two men she loved the most.

jaxon, on the other hand, was shocked. when she talked about her father he sounded like a wonderful man. he knew alejiah loved him very much simply by how she described him, but the facetime call he just witnessed showed him something else. the guy didn't know a thing about jaxon except that he was white and that was just unacceptable for him. jaxon wasn't gonna be like him and just dislike him because one thing. he wanted to make things right for alejiah's sake.

he crouched down on the floor next to alejiah's chair and turned it on its wheels towards him.

"jiah." she continued whaling into her hands, breaking jaxon's heart more and more by the second. he began to rub his hands up and down her thighs. "baby, please look at me." he peeled her hands away from her face. she still didn't look at him though. instead she looked at stared down her lap, letting teardrops spill onto them.

"i'm s-sorry you had to h-hear that." she finally spoke, shaking and stumbling on her words from how heavily she was crying.

"no no no, jiah. there's no need to be sorry," he squeezed at her flesh. his words only made her cry harder. he felt so bad. "come here, baby."

she slid out of her chair and into jaxon's lap, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck and crying into the crook of it. "it's alright, let it all out."

she probably cried for about ten more minutes and by then he had moved both of them onto her bed. he was playing her dark brown, almost black curls until she finally calmed down. she let out a big sigh and jaxon looked down to see her tears had stopped flowing. her eyes fluttered up to his pretty face and jaxon smiled at the mesmerizing sight. they were still glossy from the liquid sadness that had just stopped coming from them and they still made him fall deeper in love with her. he planted a kiss on her forehead.

"i love you jaxon." she said with a straight face.

"i love you." he responded without hesitation, wiping the sticky sad stubstance from her cheeks.

"i'm scared." she admitted

"i am too, but we're gonna get through this." they lead in for a kiss, her cheeks still in his hands.