06 | off the roof

• [ o f f    t h e   r o o f ] •

♥ gabriel ♥

I COLLAPSED INTO laughter as Louisa pushed me back down to the floor, "Ow, what are you doing? Here I thought you'd miraculously turned into an angel but I guess not. Still the bitch I thought you were-"

"Shut up and get down," she hissed lowly, before slowly turning around in the direction of the voice. She briefly shoved me behind the brick chimney. The whole world seemed to be rocking from side to side yet when I saw the serious look of Lou's face, I found myself automatically sobering up a little.

She folded her arms walking forward a few steps, her shoes clip-clopping across the roof. "Hi Logan, you alright?"

Laying on the roof, I lifted my head up slightly to peek at who she was talking to. The crooked jaw and bronde hair ticked the boxes. Yeah, it was good ol' Logan Thornton. The prick who seemed to hate me. It was fine though, I didn't care. The feeling was mutual.

His face was stoic and emotionless, almost dead, as his eyes raked through Louisa. "Louisa, what are you doing on the fucking roof?"

She folded her hands behind her back, clutching them tightly. "Uh- just admiring the view. Awfully nice day, isn't it?"

I tapped at her foot, before whispering, "Copycat. That's what I said earlier, you're almost as unoriginal as your name." She kicked me in response as I said Louisa Darling in a posh voice.

Logan rolled his eyes, muttering something under his breath before adjusting his blazer. "Whatever. Come down, I need to talk to you. Talisa told me you'd be here."

Assuming this conversation was going to be a lengthy one, I reached into my bag unzipping it as quietly as I could before pulling out a bottle of Smirnoff.

May as well pass the time.

Just as I went to twist the cap, the bottle slipped from my hand and had begun rolling down the roof towards where Logan was standing. "Ah shit. No no no no no-"

I squeezed my eyes shut. A moment later, the sound of smashing glass rang through my ears and I let out a sigh. A perfectly good bottle down the drain.

Louisa, on the other hand, froze at the sound of it, her eyes widening as she gulped.

"Where the hell did that come from?" He yelled from below. I heard the sound of steps as Logan presumably walked towards the shattered bottle. "Smirnoff, Louisa? You hate Smirnoff, why did-"

Moments of silence passed and I could almost hear the incredibly slow ticking of his brain. "Louisa, is anyone else up there?"

Louisa let out a definitely fake chuckle, "Of course not."

"That was the fakest laugh I've ever heard," I unconsciously mumbled to myself, pressing my hands to my head. Dammit, I had such a bad headache.

"I'm only going to ask you one more time. Is anyone fucking up there with you?" My head cocked up as Logan practically screamed at Louisa.

What was this dude's issue? He needed to chill out.

"I-I-"

Unfortunately, Louisa didn't have the opportunity to answer that question since I accidentally lifted my head a tad too high. Our eyes fell upon each other and his already grumpy face dropped even further.

"Wait, I can explain," Louisa tried to jump in.

Narrowing my eyes, I noticed his jaw tensing. Oh well, there wasn't much point hiding now. Why was I hiding from him anyway? I couldn't remember. Grabbing ahold of the chimney for support, I pulled myself up and waved at Logan grinning. "Hey, Logiebear. I thought my day was going bad enough without seeing your face, but hey-ho, guess not!"