19 | shards of broken

• [ s h a r d s o f b r o k e n ] •

♥ louisa ♥

'THE COLOMBIAN ONE?" asked Prince, lying on the hammock that hung between two palm trees. His chiselled abs caught the light and glinted a soft bronze, standing out against the white swimming trunks he was wearing.

"Yeah, the one in our Maths. Super hot but too good to be true," responded Arlo nonchalantly, lifting his head out of the pool to respond. "After I took her to mine, she bumped into my mum downstairs and started making up some crap about how we were in a relationship." His usually ice-white hair had transformed into a wet light blonde due to the water; he turned around when he reached the edge of the 30ft pool. Beads of water rolled down his structured face, cutting across his sharp cheekbones. "Absolute liar."

Talisa laughed, shaking her light brown hair as she walked out of my tanning room and towards the sunbed beside me. Her red coloured bikini made her legs look even longer than usual. "Both of them still bitching about Arlo fucking a gold digger?" she retorted crudely, glancing at both the boys.

Arlo rolled his eyes at her before giving her the middle finger and continuing to swim lengths, evidently annoyed. "Of course. And to think we're supposed to be the girls here," I joked with a smile, taking off my sunglasses and sitting up on the sun lounger I'd been reclining on. It was Saturday and we'd decided to chill at mine and make use of my large swimming pool.

It was impressive with nine large marble pillars holding up a veranda cover over the top and shielding it from the sun that occasionally beat down upon Knightsbridge. Today was one of those very few days and we'd decided to take full advantage of that before we entered the rainy season.

Beneath the veranda was the large pool itself, carved in a unique shape with white steps embedded beneath the ground that gleamed proudly in the sunlight. Surrounding the pool were numerous other features including a tanning studio, sauna and jacuzzi alongside a setup beach composed on imported palm trees, hammocks and sunbeds.

"On that note," I added, stretching out one of my slender tanned legs whilst bending the other. "There's this bitch in my Business and English class who's getting a little too daring. I can't remember her name but she's friends with Jeanette, Sonia and Yasmin. Quite short, angular face, jet black hair."

Talisa stared at the flowing waves that floated around the pool top thoughtfully. "Hmm... I think I know the one you mean. Hang on, her name will come to me in a minute." I nodded at her whilst scrolling through Instagram, noticing how my post had gained another thousand likes within the past hour. "Ananya Wadia? I think that's it. What did she do?" she asked, taking a sip out of her champagne flute and smirking.

I thought back to the fox faced girl who'd been eavesdropping on my conversation with Gabriel in English. She'd better not have heard anything. If Ananya had, she needed to know that it wasn't her place to say or do anything if she had the guts. And if she hadn't heard anything, then at least she'd learn to stay away.

"You know... She's getting too invested in us," I said bluntly with a laugh, as Talisa nodded and tutted before responding with 'the usual.'

"Also," Talisa started and I gleefully twisted on the lounger so that I was leaning on my left arm and laying on my side. "Before I say this, I feel the need to disclaim that I'm not turning fashion crazy like Ashlei but your bikini is so fucking cute." I laughed, feeling relaxed as I gazed at my outfit.

I was wearing a royal navy blue bikini that lengthened my legs and clinched in on my slim waist whilst also emphasized my toned abdomen; it's design balanced between scandalous and sophisticated. The colour and silk soft texture melted in with my golden skin and complemented by dark hair that cascaded down my almost-bare back in waves.