q&a | the loose ends

• [ t h e   l o o s e   e n d s ] •

Okay, please don't chase me with chisels and spades yet, haha. Here is the explanation that you all have been waiting for and the announcement too.

Since some of you may feel a little lost or confused about the ending, first I thought I'd include a little chapter where I explain some key points.

Is it the end?
No, of course not. There's still numerous mysteries to be revealed - Gabriel is still unaware that Rae has passed away - not just Louisa and Gabriel's secrets but other characters too. Throughout the novel, I've hinted at the numerous backstories of these other character as I sincerely believe that behind every action is a history.

The tarnishing of Logan's reputation does in no way compensate for his actions and thus the price for his actions is yet to be paid for in full. When writing this book, one of my key aims was to show that not a single character is two-dimensional and hopefully you've seen that in the case of Lexi and others.

All of the above was building up to the fact that The Price of Gold will be extended into a series as I think many of the characters are so complex that it's only fair to see their personal take on life.

Why did Gabriel and Louisa not end up together?
Trust me, I wanted the pair of them to end up together more than you did but the timing was so wrong. I sincerely believe that these two can help each other out due to their ability to understand each other.

But come on, let's be real.

Gabriel has a lot of growing up to do - sorting out his alcohol reliance, dealing with the revelation of his past and not blaming himself for things he can't control - and Louisa too. Although she's definitely undergone growth, she still needs to confront the guilt of her sister's accident and most importantly, Louisa still needs time to heal after Logan.

Even though this book has many occasions of satire, I've always wanted to make characters' behaviour and attitudes to each other realistic. Neither of them are ready for a relationship right but don't worry, there'll be plenty of space for that in the future (;

Why did Louisa have to tell Gabriel the truth?
They need to be open with each other for things to develop because nothing good can grow on a bed on lies. If she hadn't, things would come out in a couple years and they'd end up even more broken. Trust in necessary in a relationship and for that to happen, they need to learn to not keep secrets like this.

When will the next book be release?
The Price of Gold has been one hell of a long ride and I'm so thankful to each and every one of you (silent readers, wonderful voters and spam commenters) for accompanying me on it. It means the world to me! You all know who you are (:

I already have a brief idea on the storyline of the sequel and hopefully, it's going to be another crazy rollercoaster with some new character perspectives as well as the originals, parts that will make you laugh like a loony and temporarily hate the world! Obviously, it wouldn't be me without the character development and really annoying cliff hangers.

For me to write as best as I can for you all, I'm going to be taking a short hiatus (at least till the end of August) where I can take some time away. Although I say that, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up drafting some chapters anyway, lol. The aesthetics have just been posted (more info below).

What will the next book be called and what is the series title?
I've decided to name the series 'Fortune's Fool' (influenced by Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet) for obvious reasons, considering the role that fate plays in the story.

If you want to find out the name of the sequel, it's on my profile! I've just posted the cover, teaser and aesthetics. I'd love to hear what you think of the title so go check it out and leave a comment (:

Be sure to follow me so that you get notified when I update this new book!

***

UPDATE: Thanks again for accompanying me on this journey

UPDATE: Thanks again for accompanying me on this journey. The new book has already been released and has regular updates every Monday! It's on my profile. I hope you'll enjoy the sequel as much as the TPOG.

Kiwi x