Chapter 6: The Dursleys' Punishment

The following evening, Harry, Ron and Hermione were walking up the moving staircases to get to their common room. When suddenly the staircase they were climbing, starts to move. They gasp and stop moving. Harry said, "What's happening?" Hermione said, "The staircases change remember?" Once the staircase stops moving, Harry sees a door ahead of them. He said, "Let's go this way." Ron said, "Yeah, before the staircase moves again." They go through the door, to find a corridor. Cobwebs cover every surface. Ron said, "Does anyone feel like we shouldn't be here?" Hermione said, "We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden!" Suddenly, Mrs. Norris comes through the door and sees them. Hermione said, "It's Filch's cat!" Harry said, "Run!" They run down the corridor away from Mrs. Norris. Until they come up to a door at the end of the corridor. Harry said, "Quick! Let's go through that door!" Harry tries the handle, but find the door locked. Harry said, "It'a locked!" Ron said, "That's it, we're done for!" Hermione snarls, "Oh move over!" Hermione pulls her wand out and said, "Alohomora!"They run inside and shut the door. Ron said, "Alohomora?" Hermione said, "Standard Book of Spells, Chapter 7." Mr. Filch can be heard as he said, "Anyone here my sweet?" Filch looks up and down the corridor, then said, "Come on." Filch and his cat leaves. Hermione who was listening at the door, said, "Filch is gone." They relax as Ron said, "Probably thinks this door is locked." Hermione said, "It was locked." Harry, who had looked behind him and saw a giant 3-headed dog looking at them, said, "And for good reason." They look to see what Harry was looking at, to find a giant 3-headed dog staring at them growling. All 3 of them scream as they go out the door, the 3-headed dog barking at them. All 3 slam the door shut as Hermione locks the door. They run out of the corridor and didn't stop until they reached the common room. As they enter their common room, Ron said, "What do think they're doing, keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?!" Hermione said, "You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" They climb up the stairs to their dormitories. Ron said, "I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its head! Or maybe you didn't noticed, there are 3!" Hermione stands by the girl's 1st year dorm room and said, "It was standing on a trap door, which means it wasn't there by accident! It's guarding something." Harry suddenly remembers the small round package that Snape took from the vault at Gringotts. Maybe the dog is guarding whatever it was in that package. He decides to keep it to himself for now and play along. He said, "Guarding something?" Hermione said, "That's right. Now, if you 2 don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed, or worse expelled." She goes into her dorm without another word. Ron said, "She needs to sort out her priorities." Harry nods in agreement as they go into their 1st year boy's dorm to get ready for bed.

As the weekends came, Harry became excited. He and Snape will be visiting the Dursleys soon. He couldn't wait for the day to come! Saturday finally came. Harry, Ron and Hermione were having lunch, as a black great-horned owl flew into the great hall. It lands in front of Harry, who was eating.The owl had a letter in its beak. Harry takes the letter and pets the owl. The owl hoots softly as Harry pets it. After Harry finishes petting it, the owls flies towards the staff table and lands in front of Snape. Snape pets his owl and looks at Harry. Harry smiles then goes back to the letter. The letter read, "

To Harry,

I hope you haven't forgotten that we will be visiting the Dursleys after lunch. I have been looking forward to this as I know you have as well. Meet me in the entrance hall when you have finished your lunch.

You're father,

Severus Snape

Harry grins as he puts the letter away. Ron and Hermione looks at him with a curious expression on their faces. Harry said, "Snape and I are going to visit the Dursleys. Snape has a surprise for them." Hermione said, "What surprise is that, Harry?" Harry said, "Let's just say that they're getting a bit of payback for the way they've been treating me all my life. Courtesy of Professor Snape." Ron said, "Wicked, Harry!" Hermione said, "I hope he knows what he's doing." Harry said, "Oh, he knows exactly what he's doing." Ron said, "You'll tell us what happens, won't you, Harry?" Harry said, "Of course, Ron. I'll tell you both what happened when we get back." Ron said, "Ok, Harry, have fun." Harry grins, "I will, Ron." Hermione shakes her head as she eats. Once they finish their lunch, Ron and Hermione bid Harry farewell and went up to the common room to work on their homework. Though, Ron reluctantly agreed to do his homework with Hermione. Harry looks up at the staff table. Snape had just finished his lunch. So, Harry gets up from the table and goes out to the entrance hall to wait for him. Snape comes out a few minutes later. He said, "Ready, Harry?" Harry grins, "Ready, dad." Snape and Harry walks out of the castle and down to the gates. After walking past the gates, they turn around to see the gates closing. Snape said, "Take my arm Harry and hold on tight, but not too tight as to cut off circulation to my fingers." Harry nods and holds on tight as Snape disapparates.