But It Was Only a Dream

(WARNING: Shower scene! Blood, blood, blood, and death.)

3rd Person.

You wake up, in a cold sweat.

"What in God's name was that..."

You look around the small college dorm room.

"Another one of those...dreams. Why were they there? Why...why...why..."

You slide out of bed and stagger to the small kitchen equipment, opening a drawer to grab your pill bottles.

You shake it gently only to realize its empty.

"That's odd," You thought, "It was nearly full the day before."

You shake the other bottle to find the exact same thing: a empty bottle.

Sighing, you realize there's no point in trying to sleep again and you walk into a small room with a shower, sink and toilet.

You pull off your shirt, dripping with sweat, then pull down your pants, also covered with what you hope is sweat.

You look in the sink and wash your hands.

You look in the mirror.

Its your mask.

Why wouldn't it be?

You unclasp the clamps and remove it.

You tug off your underwear (boxers or briefs) and turn on the faucet.

Feeling the water with your hand, you step into the water and start showering, softly massaging the fruity scented shampoo into your hair.

Suddenly, you'd notice something strange.

The water is getting colder, and colder, until it has the same temperature as ice.

The water starts having a strange orange tint, then slowly becomes red.

You let some of it hit your tongue, big mistake.

It tastes like iron.

Iron and blood...

You turn off the faucet, put on new clothes and your prosthetic and lay down until your alarm rings.

You sit up.

You straighten your tie and grab your bag, walking to class.

You narrowly avoid talking to several people that have tried to make moves to strike up a conversation, you know not to get attached.

They all die, anyway.

Even though you are in high school, you live in a dorm room with your cousin.

She's a hippie.

She usually never uses the dorm room and stays at her partner's place, but that's no problem.

Whilst walking, you are interrupted by a large crowd of people, swarming an area with police tape and sirens blasting.

You get pushed by the sheer amount of people into the area surrounded with police tape.

"Sir, step away from the hostage situation!"

'Hostage...?'

You get grabbed and dragged into the building, a gun against your head.

"Now listen here, kid. All you got, in the bag."

You gently shake your head.

"I do not have anything on me, sir."

"What's in your bag?"

"School stuff, nothing important."

"Eh, just...give the bag over."

You shake your head.

"Oh really?"

"In 3...2...1..."

The lights in the dingy lit place flicker off and you walk out the back door.

The police storm the building and grab the man.

Crisis averted.