Its not enough (Narry)

Harry decides to take a break from his boyfriend of 3 years, Niall. Effectively breaking Nialls heart.
As in any Romantic novel, they should, in theory, all live happily ever after. But what happens when Harry realises he doesn't want Niall anymore?
_______________________________________

Harry pov

"I'm tired of this. Tired of walking on egg shells and avoiding being in the same room as each other. I don't want to do this anymore. It's exhausting and I don’t have the energy to fight with you anymore. It's draining" I sigh as I look at Nialls tear stained cheeks.

"You need to figure out what it is you want, because this- dreading what mood your going to be in when I come home, working double shifts to put food on the table-"
"-That's not fair-"
"-life isn't fair! Yes you had an operation on your knee. Yes it was serious, but I'm struggling too. I get that you're in pain. But I need a little bit of help now and then, because I fell like I'm going to explode" I shout.
We've been arguing like this for the past month. It's always over stupid little things like, don't leave the butter out of their fridge. Or not putting shoes away.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry I had to have all their bones in my knee reconstructed and can't fucking hoover up. Sorry that me being in pain, has being an inconvenience for you-"
"-Don't do that. Don't make me feel bad. I get that you've been in pain-"
"-No you don't. They have broken every bone in my knee Harry. They have relocated them all and I'm told to simply get used to how my new knee feels. How it feels is painful-" he doesn't even sound angry, he sounds deflated.
"-I cant do this anymore. I think we should take a break from us" I sigh
I didn't think it was possible to see someone's heart break through their eyes, but I just have with Niall.
"I don't want to-"
"-I don't care. I need some space Niall"

"B-But I love y-you-"
"-Don't. Because right now I can't say it back"
I hear him breath in harshly. We've been together over 3 years and I have never not said 'I love you' back. His face almost makes me go and hug him, tell him I'm sorry and everything will be alright. But I can't. Because that won't solve anything. And we'll just keep going in circles for God know how long.

"You need to figure out what it is you want Niall-"
"-I wa-want you. I n-need you. 'S always been you Hazza" he says as more tears fall down his pale little cheeks. His accent thick from emotion, making it harder for me to understand him.

"I'm sorry but I can't say the same."
"O-Okay. I'll- I'll go. Yeah? Stay with a friend or something?"
"It would be best" I grunt before walking out.
I hear him on the phone as I sit in the kitchen, nursing a coffee.
"-explain when I get-get there. Yeah. Th-thanks Tommo. Yeah, see you soon."

"Found somewhere?"
"Yeah. Staying with Tommo for a few days. I’ll- I'll get the rest of my stuff tomorrow."
"Okay." Is all I say as he limps upstairs, using one crutch to aid him.
I hear bit of movement upstairs 5 minutes later as he get to the top. 10 minutes later a small bag pack is kicked down stairs, Niall following slowly as he bum shuffles to the bottom. I forgot he wasn't supposed to use the stairs yet.

"Haz-"
"-save it. I'm tired Niall. I can't be arsed getting into it all again! Just go" I say, turning my back to him.
"O-Okay. Just so you -erm- so you know, I love you Harry"
I close my eyes but pretend to gaze at the celling.

I hear shuffling and head up to our (my) room. I lay in bed and hear him leave. His crutch slips on their floor and I hear him curse and hiss through pain as he jolts his knee. I hear the sniffles and feel the glances towards me. I can physically feel that her crying. But I don't move. I can't. I don't want to do this anymore.

I know him well enough to know he's hurting. I’m also smart enough to realise I'm at least partially the reason why. Emotionally, mentally and physically he's in agony, but for the first time since meeting the blonde, I don't care.