Chapter 6: Watchful eyes.

When Cleon had showered and gotten dress he made for Mallory's room only to find the room neat and unoccupied. He went back downstairs and found the place surprisingly quiet.

The kitchen was empty and as he walked around the house he saw no one.  He took his cell phone from his pocket and called Mallory's number it rang and went to her voice mail. He was going to call again when a message came in from her.

'Hi baby, am still by the law firm. I hope you're ok there with Ken. I ask her to fix you some breakfast as I had to reach here by nine, but am taking you all out to dinner tonight. Kisses and my love😚😍'

Cleon felt a moment of dread and unease as he glanced down at the phone and read the message again.
What did this mean? Had he eaten? If he did he hoped it was in that crazy dream...that he hoped was a dream. He prayed that Kendra came in saw him asleep and left. He sent a quick reply and headed back into the house a heavy feeling in his chest.

Kendra watched discreetly as Cleon walked around to the front of the house and went inside. Her body lept with awareness as her eyes watched him hungrily. She wished she could go up to him and trace the frown away that marred his handsome face.

She smiled disarmingly at him and said sweetly as she opened the door and step inside. "Did you sleep well?"

An unease that went nowhere and set in when he heard the front door open and saw Kendra stepped in filled his gut with apprehension. His reply was an accusing response that had her stepping back toward the door with a frightened look on her sweaty face.

"Did you come into my room when Mallory left?"

"I...I...,"  she stammered her face blazing red.

"You better pray to God you didn't!"

Kendra watched as he stormed from the living room her eyes filled with the explosive vision of him.
She smiled as she relished each picture she got of him...charming stranger....energetic lover....explosive and defensive male. All components that enticed her.

She wanted to know so much more, to understand his every emotion and how they fueled his existence. She knew however to obtain this she had to once again observe and keep her distance. His weakness would be her strength.

She wanted to give him her all without restrictions or inhibitions but she had to move slowly and be careful. Cleon display earlier told her he was not yet to accept her as the one for him.

She was not a patient person. She was the type that made opportunities, she was a go-getter. It made her somewhat restless to be laid back. She wanted to take the reign and lead Cleon right to her awaiting arms and willing body.

She hummed as she went upstairs to take a shower. What was the saying? Yes...' different strokes for different folks. She just had to be patient.

She would leave it for now and hold on to the thoughts of this morning. It sent warmth to places that still tingled with the feel of Cleon rock hard and wanting.

Time.....all in due time.

************************************

Well here we are, thank you for reaching thus far 😍😍
What do you think? Leave a comment and don't forget to vote🤗😊

Thank you🙇