ᴏɴᴇ

A summer's breeze past through me, leaving me with goosebumps as I watched the night sky. It was jet black and a few stars decorated the sky.

I recognized the star pattern as a Gemini constellation. I retraced the patterns, dot by dot with my finger, admiring the sky for a second.

Then my attention was diverted to a slippery bottle that felt icky on my fingers. I frowned when I looked at it, it was motor oil I had stolen from Ms.Figg.

Weird to know that in this world there are some still named Figg. How fucked up is that? I laughed a little before, looking at the oil bottle in my hands.

I sighed before crouching down and putting on my mask as i popped the lid of the bottle open.

I poured the oil all around the forums, creating a trail, more like a circle exactly.

A grin came to my lips as I leaned down and took a lighter out my pocket. I flicked the lighter on and watched the flames.

I rest easy in knowing that this was going to be much bigger, much much bigger.

I held the lighter close to the oil, touching each element together. I yelped in shock as I came stumbling backwards and to the ground.

The fire was bigger than I expected, I slowly got up and brushed the imaginary dirt off me.

Fire, embers were flying out and in, cascading everywhere. The flames danced lively in front of my face, glimmering boldly. I watched as the fire began to slowly grow larger, and threw a framed picture inside, only to be swallowed whole by the flames rather gruesomely.

I'm just burning trash, haha.

A smile lit up my face as I watched the people on the frames slowly burn into ashes. They seemed unrecognizable, almost untouchable to be real. But they once we're, they once were real.

The wind blowed on my hair, making the fire lean towards me menacingly. I backed away as I started to circle the bonfire. I tilted my head to the side and pouted my lips at the fire, as if mocking it silently.

How upsetting.

I searched through my pockets, and lazily held a diary in front of my face. One word: pathetic. As much as I wanted to destroy the thing in the flames, I can't help to cringe when I flipped it for the last time.

It was torn and clearly screamed out that it was an old object. It's cover was a light blue but faded colour, and it's pages seemed to had gone through quite a lot.

Muttering a few profanities, I flicked it into the fire, once again, the flames devoured it without a doubt.

"Patética...", I whispered under my breath as I hunched lower to the flames. I crouched until I could see through the wild and engulfing fire, I was pleasured to see the picture and the diary was burnt to ashes, nothing but ashes. There was no trail of evidence anymore, all had been burnt and destroyed to ashes, there was nothing left to worry about.

"Adios hijos de puta!", I waved at the fire and gave a sly smirk before turning back and running away.

The chances of getting caught was high, that was the fun thing. I loved the adrenaline rush that was coursing through my veins , I enjoyed the feeling of my heart pounding out of my chest. Everything was so exciting at night.

My hands were still holding on to the slippery oil bottle, leaning it forward, creating another trail of oil that connected to the fire.

My eyes pierced at the house in front of me, so many memories had been built and so many had been lost. Now, the only thing I felt towards was hatred, pure hatred.