ᴛᴡᴏ

I tapped my fingers on the arm chair rather impatiently. I could feel Lily's gaze burning holes into my head, every few minutes.

Painful silence filled the car, as I kept avoiding her gaze. I wasn't in the mood for this.

For once, I actually glanced back at her, she was driving and smiling obnoxiously. My stomach made a sick rumble and I started to feel quite queasy.

"So... Athena, how's life in Saint Joseph been treating you?", She asked, eyes still fully on the road.

I glanced at the window, not finding the conversation any bit of interesting. I knew that she just wanted to melt the ice and start some 'lovely friendship'.

Then, lighting struck me like a tree. I knew what to do, a smirk was pulling on my lips. I had to distracted her enough to make her crash the car, or at least drop me off in the middle of nowhere. So I took my chance,  I smiled at her.

"Oh, it's just great you know! It's totally different from my normal school. I like it way better, I feel like they teach us more, you know? I have friends that get my mind off my very poor mother and father. I wish they were here to see me...", I sighed fakely,  luckily I had a cold so I easily sniffled.

I wanted to take back every word my mouth had just said. Burn each letter one by one slowly. It was full of bullshit, but I had to play along, if I wanted it or not.

I pinched myself even harder, waiting until my skin turn pink. After a while of pinching myself, I finally had glassy eyes and a bruise on my wrist.

She looked incredibly excited that I was opening up and then realized what I had just said and looked at me like I was broken glass.

I wanted to shake the woman's shoulders and shout at her, but I controlled myself not to do anything regrettable. To be honest it was getting harder to not take the wheel and crash it for my own sake.

"Oh, I'm so sorry dear... I didn't know Penny was into that stuff", She mumbled at me, staring at me with wide eyes and a frown on her face.

Her hand managed to grasp mine, and I was shaking from the impact, I wanted to yank her hand off me, but I knew the plan couldn't work if I did that.

I gulped in panic as she squeezed my sweaty hands. A grin was on my lips as she looked back to the road. We were heading towards a railing, and I couldn't manage to get the evil glint away from my eyes.

"OH MY GOD!", She screamed as she hurriedly turned the wheel, causing us both to launch to the right painfully.

I groaned at the window hitting my head and Lily looking completely dazed. We were back on track, saved by seconds from death or an minor injury.

Lily blinked a few times before glancing at me in a paniked way to check if I was alright. She sighed loudly before a string of curse words escaped from her mouth.

"We could've almost got killed", Her eyebrows furrowed furiously.

Eso es lo que quería, dummy.

$$$

It was hot July, the wet patches of grass swallowed us whole as we laid our backs.

I silently traced the stars that were forming the constellation of Cancer. It was beautiful, sparkling and twinkling in the dark.

Almost as if winking at me.

I just let myself go for a moment, letting everything sink in. I sighed softly and ran my hand through my hair.

"I can't believe this is our last time doing this... For the last 16 years", I said, my voice slightly quivering.